Loving my new SRH 9.5ss 44MAG / still want SBH 10.5ss 44MAG

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GIL

Bearcat
So I gave up on finding a new SBH 10.5ss 44MAG and bought a SRH 9.5ss 44MAG. I've been hunting with a SBH Hunter with my Burris 2-7 / 32mm scope on it with great success, but wanted the confidence for the 100-125 yard shots. No, I did not sell or trade the Hunter. LOL

It only took me 18 rds with the SRH to get holes touching at 25 and 50 yds and 1" group at 75 and 3" group at 100. So far I love everything about the gun other than the fact that it looks like a Alaskan with a long barrel shoved in the end of it. LOL

I love the appearance of the SBH 10.5ss guns and still want one so bad I can't see straight. I would love to trade my GP100 for a SBH10.5ss if someone had one as nice as my GP. Maybe someday I will find one.......................

download

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum!
Sounds like you are definitely "one of us" with what you enjoy. Keep looking, those 10.5 inchers are out there.

TexasCowGrower

Bearcat
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY concur with your assessment of the SRH! I too have a 9 1/2" model and though I would rather have the 7 1/2" for portability reasons, I must say the groupings I get at 100yds make me smile :) ...Even more so when I see others post pics of 7yd targets with 5" groupings labeled "good"... :D

GIL

Bearcat
contender said:
Welcome to the Forum!
Sounds like you are definitely "one of us" with what you enjoy. Keep looking, those 10.5 inchers are out there.

I'm still real partial to the good ole fashioned single action revolvers!

GIL

Bearcat
TexasCowGrower said:
I WHOLEHEARTEDLY concur with your assessment of the SRH! I too have a 9 1/2" model and though I would rather have the 7 1/2" for portability reasons, I must say the groupings I get at 100yds make me smile :) ...Even more so when I see others post pics of 7yd targets with 5" groupings labeled "good"... :D

As much as I do love the Super Blackhawks, this SRH is really impressing me!!!

Bob R

Single-Sixer
My little brother has a brand new 9.5 SRH as well.
Weigand Combat (480 Ruger HD Version) Scope Base and 30mm Rings.
On Top a 30mm MatchDot II.
So far a steady diet of 310 WFP-GC Cast from my mold.
Just before deer season shooting at White Circle targets on cardboard, the correct size to Halo around the Red Dot. He was getting some groups right at 2 Inches at 100 yards. They will shoot impressive groups off a rest.

I hunt with a 9.5 Inch 480 SRH. I have had this one for 3 deer seasons. Hoping for many more.

Bob

Bucks Owin

Hunter
GIL said:
I love the appearance of the SBH 10.5ss guns and still want one so bad I can't see straight.

Better get one then...You'll need your vision intact to enjoy the amazing long range shots you'll pull off!!!

(Hint: Have a witness to double your enjoyment! :wink: )

Good luck in your search... 8)

GIL

Bearcat
Bucks Owin said:
GIL said:
I love the appearance of the SBH 10.5ss guns and still want one so bad I can't see straight.

Better get one then...You'll need your vision intact to enjoy the amazing long range shots you'll pull off!!!

(Hint: Have a witness to double your enjoyment! :wink: )

Good luck in your search... 8)

It's funny you mention the witness. My Dad and I have a pair of sequential # SBH Hunters and he was giving me a real hard time last fall about dreaming of a 100yd shot. I put a paper plate on a tree at 97 yds outside the main window of my favorite deer stand and he was laughing at me. (I was bench resting the gun). After taking a full 60 seconds to focus my eyes, the scope, steady the gun, and talk a lot of crap-I bet him a new 10.5ss SBH that I could hit the screw holding the paper plate on the tree. I DID IT!!! WITH THE 1st SHOT!!! I am the 1st to admit that it really was pure dumb luck that I hit the screw, and for that matter even hit the plate. LOL

Needless to say, I have talked waaay tooo much crap and it WILL bite me on the azz one day. LOL (and as u already know from my posts, he ordered he and I a pair of 10.5 SBHs and they have never showed up at our local dealer). LOL

Bucks Owin

Hunter
LOL....good yarn! 8)

I know what you mean, I once hit a life size sod poodle target 2.5 times out of 5 at 150 yds with my old .44 10" Flattop from the bags. (The 1/2 comes from a hit on it's feet :wink: )

The only witness was my then 10 yr old son who figured that was nothing special for the ol' man!
:
Yeah right son... :lol:

GIL

Bearcat
Answered prayers!!! My local dealer called today and said they took in a 10.5ss SBH and the gun smith can't tell if it's been fired more than the test round at Ruger! 595.00 OTD. Going to pick it up Saturday AM!

I now feel like the luckiest Ruger owner on the planet! LOL
GP100 4+5/8ss 357mag
SBH Hunter 7.5ss 44mag
SRH 9.5ss 44mag
SBH 10.5ss 44mag
(kinda partial to my 44mags thanks to a great friend that reloads em for me and knows what I do with the loads and accommodates very well)

What more does a guy ever need in life?

Latest posts