Redhawk madness on Gunbroker

Help Support Ruger Forum:

carden1

Bearcat
Watched a used Redhawk 41 Mag,5 1/2 inch barrel sell for $1403.00. Talked with the seller few days ago and you could have bought it from him directly for $625.00 and ended the auction.

06ackley

Single-Sixer
Yep. The Redhawks are starting to bring some pretty good numbers when sold lately.Good if you are selling,bad if you are buying.

trouble

Single-Sixer
Not just GB but FTF in my area they go for stupid prices as well, we're our own worst enemies. Posting this or that is out of production or hard to find and every schmuck online sees this and has to have it. Driving prices through the roof.

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
My long time goal was/is to have my safe queens making retirement money for me and/or my children

:wink:

trouble

Single-Sixer
hittman said:
trouble said:
we're our own worst enemies.

Yeah, we'll complain about prices going up when buying but whine and moan that prices are low when we're in the selling mode. We can't have it both ways. Either we want our investments to appreciate in value or not.

Rugers have always been known as affordable for just about anyone, pricing now doesn't reflect that. $800-900 for a RH? Granted it's alot of gun for the $ but seriously? Spare me what the market will bear excuse, this is just gouging amongst gun folks, just like those bastards buying up all of the bulk 22LR and reselling for stupid prices. I don't want to see Rugers go the way of colt and S&W, over priced collectors toys that never see the light of day due to outlandish pricing.

What Contender says when the Redhawks go back into pro all of a sudden there will be quote old Redhawks and those new Redhawks. People will find the differences and claim the old version are so much better and worth twice the amount.

Still if I could find a 5.5" 357....hmmm...an older one of course. None of that new junk for me (insert smile here.)

I'm thinking you guys are going to be surprised at how high the Redhawk prices are when they come out. I saw an Alaskan 44 Mag recently at the base exchange that was $885 or some such, way to close to $900 for my tastes. I bet Redhawks are easily in the $800 range. My advice is that anything you can find south of $800 you might seriously consider it...... But not too long. :) Our memories are a funny thing when it comes to prices. Interesting when people ask a price on something and people will tell about the price they paid 10 years ago as if that has anything to do with todays price. Ammo was mentioned on this thread and I think people are going to be surprised how high ammo is when things sort out. Even the stuff that's fairly readily available 223 etc is still pretty high compared to the last few years. 22LR aren't cheap at all and I don't think you will ever see it cheap again. Having bought some at Cabellas and Sportsmans Warehouse and paid almost 12 cents a round, I just bought a case of federal 22 LR and paid 12.2 cents around from a "scalper". When is the last time you bought a car???? Sticker shock really takes the fun out of it. Yes our memory is an interesting thing. Prices don't stand still.

Boxhead

Blackhawk
I wouldn't pay anywhere near retail let alone more for a Redhawk. They are dumpy clunker's IMO. I gave $500 for this Simith M29 last year that is, IMO, 10 X the Ruger. If I need a greater boomer, which I generally don't, I own other SA Ruger's that fit the bill.

GunHawk

Single-Sixer
Found a NIB Redhawk .45 Colt 4 inch barrel here:
Reeds Indoor Range in Santa Clara, CA, $880.00 for the gun and $125.00 for shipping. By the time I pay 6% sales tax and $25.00 to my FFL it comes to $1082.00. They originally wanted $150.00 to ship but said they would give me a deal. Not much of a deal.

GunHawk said:
Found a NIB Redhawk .45 Colt 4 inch barrel here:
Reeds Indoor Range in Santa Clara, CA, $880.00 for the gun and $125.00 for shipping. By the time I pay 6% sales tax and $25.00 to my FFL it comes to $1082.00. They originally wanted $150.00 to ship but said they would give me a deal. Not much of a deal.
They are ripping you off. They can send via USPS for around $40!
gramps

k22fan

Blackhawk
IIRC, which is doubtful, RHs had a MSRP very close to .44 SRHs and those are over $900 plus tax at Cabela's. Ruger does seem to be pricing their DA big bores out of their traditional utility revolver market. I already have my RHs and don't sell guns so it's no sweat off my rear but it's a disappointing development. Oh well, practical hunters can still easily find used SBHs in the $400 to $500 range. I was first infected with magnumitis with the purchase of a used SBH. New shooters could do a lot worse.

Boxhead said:
I wouldn't pay anywhere near retail let alone more for a Redhawk. They are dumpy clunker's IMO. I gave $500 for this Simith M29 last year that is, IMO, 10 X the Ruger. If I need a greater boomer, which I generally don't, I own other SA Ruger's that fit the bill.

Disregarding the Ruger vs S&W bait, as you well know, $500 for a 4" nickeled pinned 29 is closer to wholesale than retail.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
Kinda makes me cringe... I'm looking for a stainless Redhawk .357mag, and a take-off cylinder assy for one. It's admittedly more likely have to buy two full revolvers or send the first one back to Ruger to get a new crane and cylinder assy installed :(

Aint gonna be cheap, but then again, with the level of custom work it'll end up having before it's complete, I suppose I can't complain too much about a few extra hundreds on the bulkhead.