.480 Alaskan's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I haven't seen one but would have to believe they are. I got a few of the "clean up run" they did a couple of years ago and they were all six shot. I was told then they would never do 5 shot again. To be honest I'm surprised but glad to see these.

banjomule

Bearcat
Any idea if these are back in production or just a short run for parts clean up?

Rumrunner said:
I was hoping they would bring the Toklat out in 480 or 44.

mr deerstalker [its a gun made for Alaska only, about 500 made, only shipped to Alaskans,

great guns, named after a blond Grizzly bear.

scott]

Looks like it was a pretty short run. Someone could have hit a home run as it appears to be fairly popular but if you think the regular guns are spending these take a jump from there. I was just thinking about buying a Ruger Alaskan 480 and a friend called Davidsons and my price at wholesale was going to be slightly over $800. Just imagine retail!!! :shock: That wasn't for the Alaskan it was just for the regular one and they were limiting sales to 2 guns per dealer. Good news is they are producing the Super Redhawk in 480 but take your heart medicine before you buy. :lol:

chet15

Hawkeye
More Ruger goofy-ness!! The .480 Alaskan isn't on their website or in the catalog so Ruger makes them. The .454 Alaskan is in their catalog and on their website, but they don't make them. :evil:
Chet15