Gemini Customs Ruger SP101 3" *pics*

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jjmIII_Ruger

Single-Sixer
Gemini Customs Ruger SP101 3"

Just got back today. Grabbed the grips off eBay. They look great! Gun looks great!
I am not a photographer.

EDIT: better trigger guard pics

It looks good. What did they do to the gun? I see you didn't have it ported. I'm glad. I don't really like their ports. It makes the gun look just a little too over the top.

Anything on the inside?

jjmIII_Ruger

Single-Sixer
Kevin said:
It looks good. What did they do to the gun? I see you didn't have it ported. I'm glad. I don't really like their ports. It makes the gun look just a little too over the top.
Anything on the inside?

I'm not big on porting either. I'm sure it has its use, but I want everything coming out the end of the barrel. This is a "just 4 fun gun". Sadly it will probably spend a lot of time in the safe. It's the first gun I've ever sent to a custom shop, and I'm really scared it won't be the last. When I have a few spare dollars, I'm going to send my GP100 their way. My nightstand gun should look pretty too, right?

https://www.geminicustoms.com/ruger-revolvers/

I had their SP101 package done, minus the porting ($460 - $100 w/ NO porting).
Hybra-Port™ porting
Complete action tuning (9, 10, 11# DAO)
Recrown muzzle
Chamfer cylinder throats
Recontour and mirror polish trigger
Bob/remove hammer cockspur & mirror polish hammer (DAO)
Smooth & dehorn for carry
Eliminate cylinder endshake
Replace springs as needed
Polish plungers and pins
Electro chemical etch Gemini Customs logo
Test Fire for Function
#170-325 Superfine matte glass bead blast entire revolver
Does not include return shipping costs
Subtract $100 if you delete or do not want Hybra-Port porting
Added:
Skeletonize trigger guard, $90 (so cool, and so worth it!)
Throat Barrel @ 5 degrees, $25
Finish ream and hone cylinder chambers .357 mag, .38 spl. 9x19mm, $30

Grips: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181348819839?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I'm really happy with it! Once double-checked to be clear of ammo, I'm sure I will play with it all night watching TV. Can't put it down!
I'm sure it's far from the most extreme gun Gemini has done, but I just wanted a perfect little revolver. I think I have one now!

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Nice job!

Joe S. , You can shoot fast with that air cooled trigger so it gives more time to reload a five shooter. :D :D :D

Bob R

Single-Sixer
Very Nice

Does Gemini Customs install Shims on the Hammer Dog, Hammer, and Trigger as part of the Trigger Job??

I missed the Trigger Guard on my first look. That is slick.

Gemini may have to do the Hammer DeHorning differently in the future. My December 2013 production SP101 has a redesigned Hammer in it. Lighter weight also.

Is that the Night Sight version of the Little Wonder front sight? I did not see any information about the front sight in your post.

I have the RED Fiber Optic version on my 2 Inch and the GREEN on my 3 Inch.

Again a very nice carry piece.

Bob

jjmIII_Ruger

Single-Sixer
Joe S. said:
that looks awesome! but you are missing a round in that speed strip. :D

Not according to this guy :mrgreen: .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMAXlT3ZLzs

Bob R said:
Very Nice
Does Gemini Customs install Shims on the Hammer Dog, Hammer, and Trigger as part of the Trigger Job??

I missed the Trigger Guard on my first look. That is slick.

Gemini may have to do the Hammer DeHorning differently in the future. My December 2013 production SP101 has a redesigned Hammer in it. Lighter weight also.

Is that the Night Sight version of the Little Wonder front sight? I did not see any information about the front sight in your post.

Again a very nice carry piece.
Bob

I'm guessing Gemini slicks up the existing parts. There were no trigger parts or springs on my bill. Possibly they are included in the "package" though. I already had a 10lb Wolff hammer spring installed (stock is 14lb).

The trigger guard is a must have addition. It's the first thing people comment on when they see the gun. That was an extra $90 for those "holes".

This gun is from early 2013. Bought new locally for $479. I had to have it since I don't see many 3". I see on GunBroker used ones go for more than that!

The front sight is a Meprolight night sight. I had it installed before the gun went to Gemini.

Thanks for the interest guys :D .
I have really enjoyed fixing up this little revolver.
It looks great in person. Very classy and functional.

Thel

Blackhawk
"It's the first gun I've ever sent to a custom shop, and I'm really scared it won't be the last."

Yes, this is what I found out way back when. Sent a SP101 to Teddy Jacobson, and then, a GP to TJ Custom and now have a Speed Six Alex Hamilton has done. Looking at all those 3" adjustable sighted GP's on the Gemini website has me drooling and dreaming again. I think Gemini claims they can do a tritium front sight on the guns on their website that they fabricate. On the Speed Six I had Alex fabricate a McGivern front sight with gold dot so it allows one to have the gun more the way they want it even if some manufacturers don't offer the desired item such as sights.