LCRX...Got it

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mailman

Bearcat
I went to my local dealer to get my name on the list for the new LCRX and he stunned me by saying he just got 5 of them in a day or so ago. So, needless to say, I bought it right on the spot, so they're finally arriving at your LGS.

Alpo

Bearcat
yoda-without-pics-this-thread-is-useless-BWVHSx.jpg

camper

Bearcat
Put 20 rounds through my LCRx today and all impacted the 9 inch paper plate from 7 yards. Two rounds hit the edges of the plate and the remainder were all on the plates flat surface. DA trigger is great, but still a little stiff as compared to my LCR. Single action is great. After registering the LCRx with Ruger I did use the 20% discount to order a front night sight from the Ruger store. Have one that came with my LCR and they are a definite plus for this revolver.

mailman

Bearcat
I would gladly post a photo if I new how. I have pictures on my computer but don't know how to get them to show up here. I've done it before but my age and ignorance is showing up more and more these days.

camper

Bearcat
Here you go Alpo, courtesy of Ruger web site. Better imagery than I am capable of!
http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/index.html

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
Good one Camper.

I never understood the herd mentality of asking for photos.

Now we need to tell the CEO we need an 22 L.R. x.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Camper, can you tell us more about the DA trigger on the LCRx? Is it the same as the normal LCR or did you find it to be heavier, grittier, does it stack etc?

Thanks

BradB

Bearcat
Awe, come on folks, this post wouldn't be half as exciting without the picture of the gun. Besides, some skeptical person may not actually believe it happened without the picture. Sorry, don't mean to take sides but the photo did add a little more than "look at the website if you want to see it". LOL.

camper

Bearcat
Take into consideration that I'm not a gunsmith, but can provide the following:
The DAO on the LCRx is the same as the LCR when I dry fire each.
The trigger pull in DAO is about the same as on my LCR or maybe just a tad bit heavier, but not noticeable and should lessen over time/use.
No grittiness noted in the trigger.
It stacks the same as my LCR.
The single action cocking mode is smooth and easier than that of an S&W 637 snubbie IMHO.

camper

Bearcat
FergusonTO35 said:
Do the sights seem to line up with the point of impact pretty well? What kind of ammo are you using?
Yes, 140 grain wad cutters.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Hmm, do you aim with the top of the front sight level with the top of the rear? I really like 140 grain bullets but it seems that few fixed sight revolvers shoot to point of aim with them.

louiethelump

Buckeye
Glad to see the post about this. Thanks to all. With 20 or so of them on GunBroker already and at discounted prices, they sure got these into the pipeline in a hurry!

camper

Bearcat
FergusonTO35 said:
Hmm, do you aim with the top of the front sight level with the top of the rear? I really like 140 grain bullets but it seems that few fixed sight revolvers shoot to point of aim with them.
As I recall, the front sight was centered with the rear sight in a normal sight picture with the front maybe up a bit. Remember, this was 7 and not 25 yards.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
My S&W revolvers are dead on with 158 grain slugs, anything less will be way low. My Service Six seems to do the same with 140 and 158 grain .