Ruger LCR X

Help Support Ruger Forum:

6mm

Bearcat
Can't wait to these show up at the LGS. Been waiting for a SA/DA version.

hittman

Staff member
Great, I'll have to see if my local FFL can get one from Williams.

I've got the 357 already, no idea why I need 2 but ..... ya only live once. I see now on Rugers web site the MSRP on these is about $70 less than the 357 with the standard front site. That seems like a pretty big price difference to me. If these hit the stores in the $350 - $370 range I'd think they should sell pretty well.

Well, I'm still not a huge fan of plastic guns, but in spite of that, I own many of them.

I have a LCR locked up that I've never shot, and never planned to. In the event that I'd actually shoot or carry a LCR, a SA/DA model would far better suit me. So in spite of myself, I've got my FFL keeping his eyes open for me. I will give one a try.

WAYNO.

shaffe48

Single-Sixer
I had two reactions to this:

a.) Offering the gun with a hammer is a pretty natural idea. Surprised they haven't tried it yet.
b.) LCR "X"...quite a handle to put on a gun you just put a hammer on:)

mag318

Bearcat
My dealers cost on the new LCRX is $366/376 depending on the distributor so I expect the street price to be around $425/450 like the standard 38 Special LCR.

Boge

Single-Sixer
IMO SA hammers have no place on a snubbie carried for self defense. As a range gun it's ok, but who buys a snubbie for a range gun? DAO will make one a better shot as well.

http://www.grantcunningham.com/blog_files/the_case_for_dao.html

BradB

Bearcat
Boge said:
IMO SA hammers have no place on a snubbie carried for self defense. As a range gun it's ok, but who buys a snubbie for a range gun? DAO will make one a better shot as well.

http://www.grantcunningham.com/blog_files/the_case_for_dao.html

Actually, it took a little time and practice to master small groups with the snubbie. At the range. Rapid fire, self defense, you're exactly right. DAO. What about offense? When you know you're going to shoot just once it actually is beneficial to "cock" the gun.

I agree with your article and I enjoyed it very much. But when wanting to justifiably wack something, it helps the execution to "cock" it first. Sick animals wander onto farms all the time and there is good things about multifunction tools. Of course it is also fun at the range to play Hollywood. Do ya feel lucky... punk?

RonS

Single-Sixer
When I learned to shoot some of the guys who taught me still held their left fist over their heart and looked over the sights. Not interested in a revolver that I can't cock, just in case you get that instance when you have to make it count across the street or across the parking lot and you only get one chance.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Next logical step is the hammer model with 4" barrel for hiking and woods accuracy, virtually a perfect woods gun with light weight and accurate. Come on Ruger, do it!

cnj

Bearcat
ftlupton said:
Next logical step is the hammer model with 4" barrel for hiking and woods accuracy, virtually a perfect woods gun with light weight and accurate. Come on Ruger, do it!

Yes to this. But also in 9mm.