RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: medium frame 41 Mg.?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:39 am 
Single-Sixer

Robb Barnes wrote:
I have a feeling that the 41 mid frame and 41 Vaquero along with 41 Special are going to stay the result of the custom route. Luckily it doesn't cost that much to do either conversion. There is just not enough of us 41 freaks to get a manufacturer to foot the expense of the initial outlay for such changes. That said, some recent playing with both mid framed 41 Specials and the TLa guns has led to some neat findings. Lets just say a 41 Special round loaded with a 265 grain LFN cast bullet is a very effective combo in both a mid framed 41 Special or a full sized TLA 41 mag.

Do tell.....I'm just beginning to experiment with loads for my mid-frame. How is the recoil in the mid-frame? I had to change the grips on my Lil' Ruger, the grips Andy made are just too small for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:01 am 
Hunter

It is snappy with the charge of A9 powder I was using but I was shooting it in a L'il Gun Andy made for me and it was not uncomfortable at all. Granted, 5 grains of Unique is a more gentle load but the little 4" 41 Special he built on an old model 357 with his round butt grip frame treatment handled all the various 41 Special loads I shot well. I will be experimenting next with that same heavy bullet in other loadings to see if it shoots just as well but with less recoil.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:59 am 
Single-Sixer

Groo here
The 41 mag is darn near perfect for the "357" frame ruger...
My "Poor man's Keith No 5" shoots so well I could want for little else.
The Mondago is just about a perfect PPP.
Like the 44 mag or 454 , the 41 has little need for super heavy bullets [ and I have an SSK 295gr mold]
The 170ish are very fast and flat shooting, the 210 will do most anything ,and the 230 will do the rest.. [the 295 gr -- maybe elefant!!!]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:11 pm 
Single-Sixer

Robb Barnes wrote:
I have a feeling that the 41 mid frame and 41 Vaquero along with 41 Special are going to stay the result of the custom route. Luckily it doesn't cost that much to do either conversion. There is just not enough of us 41 freaks to get a manufacturer to foot the expense of the initial outlay for such changes.

Robb!
You're my kindred-spirit-internet-brother when it come to .41's. But if Lipsey's can have Ruger do the Single Seven #8165, for the up and down .327, then a .41 middie or vaquero can't be difficult to do.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:44 pm 
Hunter

I tried to talk the Lipseys rep I go it last week but the issue of volume was the hang up, not feasibility. Apparently there has been sine other special order set ups where stuff just sat on the shelves so I can understand the reluctance.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:44 pm 
Single-Sixer

I wonder how many units it would take to get a run made. would 500 do the trick? Has anyone got an idea how many units were in the original Flat Top .44 special mid frame order that got the mid frame train going?

dgilbert07 at windstream.net

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9