RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:06 am 
Hawkeye

I’m at the range right now. These days, I appreciate an outdoor range. In fact for some reason, I’m the only one here!

I’m shooting my gaggle or Single Six revolvers, and it makes me wonder if Ruger will come out with a Custom Shop single action? Not just some fancy looking revolver, but a custom tuned, highly accurate model? Some fancy grips, Maybe some sights which are different from the regular single actions or some long flutes on the cylinder. Don’t some old Colts have long flutes? My pockets aren’t that deep.... But a Custom Shop Single Action? Now that would be nice.

Or is there something like this already?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:43 am 
Hawkeye

There's nothing like that already. They haven't found the need for a CS after all these years so I have my doubts. Haven't heard any rumors either. But with S&W making hay with their CS, hard to guess.

CRPA Life
CRPC Life
SASS Life
SWCA
RCA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:38 pm 
Buckeye

Hondo44 wrote:
There's nothing like that already. They haven't found the need for a CS after all these years so I have my doubts. Haven't heard any rumors either. But with S&W making hay with their CS, hard to guess.

You do realize that Ruger has a CS now....and has for a while, they have eight different CS offerings currently.

GONH Life Member
RENE Member
ROCS Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:31 pm 
Hawkeye

Yes, Ruger does have a Custom Shop. But it seems to be geared towards semi-auto and the GP100 in 9mm. I bought that one in 9mm and it’s awesome. But I would love to have a custom shop offering of a single action.

Something similar to a custom built revolver. Nice grips, nice sights, a great trigger, free spin prawl, deep flutes, chamfered cylinder etc... throw in some nitrile blues pins over a case hardened frame. I guess I can dream....

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:48 am 
Hunter

Would like to see a .357 Vaquero that has the good CCH treatment to match my Henry .357 rifle in CCH!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:28 pm 
Single-Sixer

Mus408 wrote:
Would like to see a .357 Vaquero that has the good CCH treatment to match my Henry .357 rifle in CCH!

Call Bobby Tyler at Tyler Gunworks in Friona Tx. After all, he is the one who did that henry!

ROCS Member
NRA Benefactor
Minnesota Weapons Collector Member
Ruger Single Action Addict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 2:28 pm 
Single-Sixer

As previously discussed, the Ruger "custom shop" might be better named the "distributor limited edition division shop"
They are NOT going to do anything close to individual "Custom" orders at this time. :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:21 pm 
Hawkeye

smith1961 wrote:
As previously discussed, the Ruger "custom shop" might be better named the "distributor limited edition division shop"
They are NOT going to do anything close to individual "Custom" orders at this time. :shock:

Yes, I agree. I'm not wanting a single, one off custom gun. I just want them to put some special attention into a single action like they have with the other Ruger Custom Shop offerings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:12 pm 
Hawkeye

Sounds like you may want a custom gun, I believe they are not in that business and I also believe they are missing an opportunity. A custom shop would shop would be a money maker IMO. Charge what you need to, no problem. ps

Guns have only two enemies; Rust & Politicians

Buy American Give Your Neighbor A Job!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:40 pm 
Single-Sixer

48flyer wrote:
Mus408 wrote:

Call Bobby Tyler at Tyler Gunworks in Friona Tx. After all, he is the one who did that henry!

Ruger DOES have a .357 Vaquero Talo with CCH, it is on the website. I own one.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:15 am 
Hunter

Now that is a nice looking CCH Vaquero and thanks for that info. Looks like a 500 build that was started back in May 2019.
Just a supplier with 10 in stock...$ 829.00

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:26 am 
Single-Sixer

If Ruger came out with a CS 3 Screw CCH 5.5" .45 Colt Vaquero, I might be interested. Might even buy 2. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:16 am 
Single-Sixer

Yep, a .45 Colt run of 500 would have been gone before they left the factory, even a 44 special would have been a better choice in caliber in my book for this type of custom revolver. But they sure are purdy! as is that rifle!