.41 Mag Vaquero?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The large or original Vaquero will handle the CorBon as well as any other full sized Blackhawk will. If the new gun was on the smaller "New Vaquero" then I am not sure even though I didn't worry about it on and old model 357 conversion to 41 mag .

dixie884

Blackhawk
It took proof loads to blow up the .44 Magnum on the .357 flat top frame before Ruger went to the larger frame. Per "SIXGUNS by Keith", I'm sure many here know the story...............

rkrcpa

Single-Sixer
bigbill said:
How strong is the vaquero? Can it handle the cor bon ammo?

Based on my experience with a mid frame 41 magnum I don't think I would ever shoot enough barn burner loads to find out. I tried some "moderate" 250 gr WFNGC loads and the recoil from a 4" barrel was stout to say the least.

smith1961

Blackhawk
Okay,
So I have acquired a 4 &5/8ths .41 barrel. Searching for an old beater Vaquero frame and .41 BH cylinder to keep going.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Just find the least expensive 357 original or New Vaquero, which ever frame size you desire and move ahead with your project. Why wait for a beater? You can have your 41 project finished and shooting likely a lot sooner than you can find a cheap beater. The clock's running and life is too short. And why go thru all the trouble to build your dream gun on a beater donor gun?

Latest posts