~ Stolen this week in East Tennessee ~

Help Support Ruger Forum:

choirboy

Bearcat
P1011769.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

PC310099.jpg

The Smith was my dad's and purchased from my wife's dad. I bought the box and instructions since it was in mint condition. The OM .41 has the conversion in it. The rear sight has been filed to bring the POI down. The grips are Hogue walnut. Blue is thin. I don't expect to get these guns back. I just hope no member buys them unaware.
Thanks for your concern
CB
Just found out there was a third gun. A 2001 MKII .22 standard blue target model. Serial # 223-61231. That accounts for all of them. Depressing. I will certainly report them all. Thanks for the kind words. CB

dougader

Hunter
Sorry to hear about this. I get sick to my stomach when I see the theft of family treasures. I'm sure you know, but be sure and report this to the police and they can check local pawn shops.

Hammerdown77

Blackhawk
Victim of a theft of 11 guns last year myself. You have pictures and serial numbers, so that helps. But, as you already seem to know, you probably won't get them back. Or at least not any time soon. They might show up at a pawn shop, but probably not until they've changed hands 20 times on the street first.

Sucks, I know. I get angry every time I think about it.

contender

Ruger Guru
I too had a theft this past Sept 5th. The thug got a Ruger Security-Six of mine & a bunch of Miss Penny's jewelry. I even got pics of the thug,, but he's not been caught. We think he came in from another state now.

That said,,, by all means,, make sure you get the serial numbers entered into the NICS system by the cops. Then,, keep a check on it by following up on the data.
One day,,, maybe it'll come back home,,,!

j4cub

Bearcat
As Contender said, get them into NICS and check back at least annually. I lost 3 long guns and 1 pistol 5 yeas ago and so far they have recovered and returned one long gun and the pistol. Both recovered from drug dealers.

Bob L

Joe S.

Hunter
im sorry for your loss. what really sucks is if someone buys them unsuspectingly, they can be treated as a criminal... i hate it. i hope you get em back...

contender said:
I too had a theft this past Sept 5th. The thug got a Ruger Security-Six of mine & a bunch of Miss Penny's jewelry. I even got pics of the thug,, but he's not been caught. We think he came in from another state now.

That said,,, by all means,, make sure you get the serial numbers entered into the NICS system by the cops. Then,, keep a check on it by following up on the data.
One day,,, maybe it'll come back home,,,!
Not to make light of a theft, as I too have had a MK I Target stolen, but you forgot to mention the pillow case that Ms Penny also wants back. :roll:

pawncop

Blackhawk
Sorry, I have just noted this post. I will check the serial numbers through data bases I have and see if I can assist you. Will PM later.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
Hammerdown77 said:
They might show up at a pawn shop, but probably not until they've changed hands 20 times on the street first.

Sucks, I know. I get angry every time I think about it.

This is not a gun the scumbags want, but keep checking with your local PD. As to the Pawn shops, we worked hand in hand and they would turn over all serial numbers of guns they picked up. We would recover quite a few this way. Good luck!!

Chris

Blackhawk
CB

That sucks, Notify NCIS as so many have said and Check out these sites also

http://www.hotgunz.com Stolen Firearms database

and

http://www.tracetheguns.org wealth of info concerning gun laws in all 50 states

Hope this helps

Good Luck

Chris

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
We had a smash and grab burglary at our home in 1986 ... I lost one revolver, a couple of knives, vcr, most of mrs surv's jewelry, my grandfather's railroad pocket watch, and a few other things the scumbag could carry out in two king sized pillow cases. We, as well as local LEO, knew danged well who the perpetrator was but nothing ever became of it. Funny thing is.... we still have, and use the sheets without the matching pillow cases.

BwanaDave

Bearcat
Don't give up hope. I had 9 guns stolen in the Oak Ridge area a few years back. Knoxville PD found a stack of pawn tickets while they were searching a home under a warant in another matter. They thought the tickets were interesting so they followed up on them. Turns out they were my guns and some tools that were also stolen. I got a call from Oak Ridge PD and they took me to the pawn shop. Sure enough there was a bunch of my stuff. Then they had the pawn shop pull up all transactions involving the seller and there was some more of my stuff that I had not even noticed was missing. They also took me to other shops in the area but no luck. I got all my guns back and lost about a grand in tools. Not a bad result at all. It took over a year to get my stuff back once it was located. One moe thing, all my serial numbers were given to the stolen gun database but the Knoxville PD only got one hit when they ran the numbers of the pawned guns. Like everything else the feds do, there were flaws.

felitopaz

Bearcat
That really sucks. I hope they get the SOB that stole it and shoot em right where he stands.
It bothers me when s%&# like this happens.

Good Luck.

OnTheSide

Bearcat
My son took one of my pistols to the firing range one week, then kept it with him at his apartment. A brand new Springfield XD40 Subcompact. As the hurricane approached, as was typical a few years back, he thought it prudent to pack up his truck to be ready for the big-evac. Weather news reporter dramateers hype us with drama every time !!!ITS GOING TO BE A CAT 5 AND WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!...sometimes they are right. Anyway, during the night of the killer storm, you guessed it, the truck was broken into,and the gun was stolen. It still <edited it out per Elfego El Gato's announcement> me off thinking about it. We filed the report with a seemingly uninterested Orange County Sheriff, and checked periodically over the years, we gave up.

Fletchman

Bearcat
I can only hope you recover these guns. I have had a similar robbery in my past and it still hurts. The bastards got my grandfathers wedding ring handed down to me from 1906. My heart goes out to you.
Probably a liberal that needs some therapy. Yeah right. A little physical therapy with a hammer. Best of luck and my prayers to you.