~ Stolen this week in East Tennessee ~

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ajellydonut

Bearcat
I'm an old man. Several years ago, someone broke into my farm while I was out of town and stole everything! A shotgun I had since 16 years old and my tackle box...lures I had from 11 years old. I'm still mad about it! Stuff I would have given my great grandkids.

pjvrefugee

Single-Sixer
been there. sometimes it matters not what precautions are taken to ensure security, the obamaites get them anyway. my SP101 was in a locked fireproof box inside a locked steel cabinet in my basement. the "stepson" saw me one time get into that cabinet and never forgot. years later, when the cabinet was destroyed, and the only thing missing was that fireproof box, I dawned on me he was the only person in the world who knew of it's existence other than me. hope yours are found and returned in mint condition, without any of them being misused. I still fear for the one I had stolen. wish the police had taken it seriously. the man in question finally got around to asking forgiveness, but has not returned my property. if anyone is robbed or shot and that revolver is used, it will make me sick.

HEADKNOCKER

Bearcat
I'll keep an eye out for the three guns mentioned

They may also try and fence them at the Cave City KY gun show January 9th-10th face to face

This type of crime is personal to me, Let me tell you why..

I was once broken into and robbed of three guns, He smashed my wooden gun cabinet & took the three guns etc that were inside it..
I kept after it & as I had all the serial #s
The perp was caught the day after He stole them & the Police had retrieved all of the firearms but one..
It took two years for me to get my property back BTW, It was evidence for which he was never charged , The perp got out in less than a month BTW. It seemed like the Police didn't want me to get the guns back, they were vague about everything, I guess they get first dibs on the confiscated guns from the Property Room? They weren't helpful
I got my Glock 19 & Ruger MKII target back plus all the ammo & even sandbags that he took? he must have thought they were powder or something special, Shot bags filled with sand & sewed close & my pillow cases..
Had to get a notarized statement from the county clerk stating "I am the owner of said firearms with serial #s" to take to the property room in the basement of the courthouse/police station with three forms of ID to get em back
The Mac11 he stole was traded for cocaine, that's what the Police told me, I even went to the guys arraignment.
I saw his mugshot a couple of other times on the TV as Louisville's most wanted, years later he shot a clerk & bystander during a robbery attempt he was just spraying bullets everywhere.. He has been locked up @ Luther Luckett Prison ever since.. I don't doubt that He'll get out again, Even though he has at least 4-5 felony convictions.
And yeah Carlos I'm Watching You Boy, Often thought of administering some Justice upon you.. Be Afraid BOY..
Some people are alive because it's Simply Illegal to Kill Them..

tenx

Bearcat
take pictures, lots of pictures, especially any custom work, serial numbers, telling someone a description and trying to get them to understand and visualize the gun is one thing but a picture goes a long way. took a lot of pictures of mine and copied to several flash drives. hope I never have to use it in a stolen report. May help with the insurance also, maybe get something like you had instead of them replacing it with a generic basic model. Sorry for your loss..............

Bayouhunter

Single-Sixer
Sorry to hear about your loss those are fine pistols. I lost a 50th anniversary 44 mag Flattop in 2010 when the thieves cut into my cannon safe. A skil saw will do a bang up job on a 12 ga steel safe. My own saw was used in a midday robbery.
That gun has never turned up again. I posted this photo here back then but it's probably good to see it again as a reminder a safe only slows them down!

Joseywales

Bearcat
Ugh...I struggle with locking up any power tools, etc. A few years ago I bought insurance for my sporting items. It's a separate policy from my homeowner's, so there's no BS about value, premiums going up, etc. Very fair rate and I have peace of mind. My annual premium is 33 cents per $100 value.

Sorry for the loss of your guns. Hopefully something good comes out of it.

gwpercle

Bearcat
Sorry for your loss , don't give up hope you might get it back. The national stolen gun register works. My Blackhawk was stolen in Baton Rouge , La., in 1995 and recovered at a pawn shop in Arizona in 2015...after 20 years I got it back.
If you move , notify agency the theft was reported to of contact information....they can't return it if they can't find you.
You just never know when a crook will try and sell/pawn it and BINGO the number comes up !
Gary

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Joseywales said:
Ugh...I struggle with locking up any power tools, etc. A few years ago I bought insurance for my sporting items. It's a separate policy from my homeowner's, so there's no BS about value, premiums going up, etc. Very fair rate and I have peace of mind. My annual premium is 33 cents per $100 value.

Sorry for the loss of your guns. Hopefully something good comes out of it.

Josey,
Great signature! I wish I had thought of that.
Blackie