~ Stolen this week in East Tennessee ~

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbarale

Obsolete
Don't give up hope. I recently returned a very nice Colt CCO that had been stolen in 2009...
Know your serial numbers! That's the only chance to get them back.

JJ_Miller_480

Bearcat
I live in Eastern KY. Home of the " side of the road " gun tradin' out of the back of your tk. The sad thing is the so called private transfer instant background check will not stop this kind of theft either. Usually both parties know what guns are stolen, and they would just do the deal in the " front of the truck ".

Sorry for your loss....................JJ

jlb43

Bearcat
Were the OP's guns in a safe? I had a derringer stolen last week. I left it unattended for just a minute and it was gone. :x

jlb43

Bearcat
Joe S. said:
im sorry for your loss. what really sucks is if someone buys them unsuspectingly, they can be treated as a criminal... i hate it. i hope you get em back...

I wonder how many think about that when buying a gun from a stranger? :shock:

57springer

Buckeye
jlb43 said:
Were the OP's guns in a safe? I had a derringer stolen last week. I left it unattended for just a minute and it was gone. :x
thinking the same thing :?: lock them in a good safe ..... then, no worries

jdc

Bearcat
Just across the border in Henderson, NC

June 10th, 2013
Rodney's Record-Setting Rifle Stolen — We Need Your Help
Over the weekend, Rodney Wagner had two valuable benchrest rifles stolen from his truck. Yes, the BAT-actioned Dasher that shot the historic 0.349″ 5-shot 600 meter group was stolen, along with a second long-range Benchrest Rifle. The theft took place at a motel in Hendersonville, NC.
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2013/06/world-record-rifle-and-second-br-gun-stolen-from-r-wagner/

Bussy weekend - these rifles are dual ported (left load-right eject) right bolt and should be very easy to id.

Rugster

Bearcat
Really sorry for anyone who goes through a loss like this. I live in SW Va. I will keep my eyes open as well as tell my co workers. This is why we run Serial numbers on guns when we come across them. Most people dont like it, but Ive recovered stolen guns from people who had no idea they were stolen.

Dan983

Bearcat
Nothing worse than a thief! In the old days, Tennessee thieves had more to worry about than 30 days in jail. I hope you recover your property.

johnww

Bearcat
I too had my guns stolen, once in 1975, and again in 2007. A Ruger Security-Six that I carried as a Law Enforcement Officer '71-'74 was returned in the '75 theft (pawned to an honest dealer who ran the SN), only
to be stolen again in '07. My collection, with the exception of a carry 9mm and a 20ga barn gun are now in
Winchester gun/fire safes. Too smart , too late. "Never happen in this area, we don't even lock our doors"

J.R.20112

Bearcat
I'll check around the Lowcountry of SC also.
Back in 1967 while coming home from a tour over seas I had, on my orders a list of guns I was bringing back from Germany. We were to fly from Frankfurt to Charleston but had a unscheduled stop at JFK for a "shot record check" by some guys dressed in Coast Guard uniforms. While we were waiting for them to check everyone's records another crew opened the cargo bay and took all the fire arms and a few other valuables. This was a Government charted flight with TWA, I believe. I got $125 for the lot of 4 guns. NIB Browning .22 T-Bolt for the wife, NIB Colt 1911, J.P.Sauer Peacemaker .45 LC, NIB Bersa .380.
I still check the serial numbers at different sites to this day. FBI even called me and the other about the deal. No joy!!!
I hope you get yours back, it does happen. But, it is what it is.

MB49Caddy

Bearcat
choirboy said:
P1011769.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

PC310099.jpg

The Smith was my dad's and purchased from my wife's dad. I bought the box and instructions since it was in mint condition. The OM .41 has the conversion in it. The rear sight has been filed to bring the POI down. The grips are Hogue walnut. Blue is thin. I don't expect to get these guns back. I just hope no member buys them unaware.
Thanks for your concern
CB
Just found out there was a third gun. A 2001 MKII .22 standard blue target model. Serial # 223-61231. That accounts for all of them. Depressing. I will certainly report them all. Thanks for the kind words. CB

So sorry Choirboy..I freaking hate thieves. I hope to God they find your family heirlooms.
Regards,
MB

LaneP

Single-Sixer
Hope you can one day get those back.

I keep an Excel spreadsheet in a safe location with a photograph of each firearm along with its serial number if something like that were to ever happen.

I also have them all locked in a 400 pound safe that is lagged to my basement wall with two 1/2" cement lags, and that safe is hidden in an area that from a distance just looks like a bunch of junk to discourage anyone from exploring and finding it.

desertrat

Single-Sixer
Intrusion alarms are a good investment these days and are less expensive than they used to be. Did the thieves get past your intrusion alarm, or did you not have one?

e3mrk

Bearcat
There are some really stupid People in this world,Check Arms List as They may put them there.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
choirboy,
Sorry to hear about it, those are some decent looking guns. Back in '82, I had a burglary at my living quarters, and he got a Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum. Circa 2000 AD, I loaned a neighbor my Speed Six .357 Magnum, and it was stolen in a burglary.
They took the air conditioner right out of her window and went in.
Both of those heaters went into the underworld, never to be be seen again, not by honest men. Considering that, I am very wary, not only of burglars but what they may be packing on them.
I know that of my two guns, both pack a wallop and both could kill a man with one shot. And of yours, one is a .41 Magnum, that is a pretty fierce caliber when used against a human. And they intend to do that too, if need be.
Any burglar that I may encounter, will be considered armed with a powerful gun, by me. I will not be playing around either, that is a result that I am sure was unexpected by burglars. I will use deadly force if they do not surrender promply and/or begin to do fishy/nefarious things.

kraynky

Bearcat
Even though it's no help, I can't imagine a thief paying for ammo for a .41 magnum. I own one and it pains me to feed it the factory stuff.

I certainly hope that you get them back and they catch the thief. Those are nice guns.

b737

Bearcat
Excellent idea to take pictures of the guns serial numbers, not just write them down.
Shows Law enforcement that you actually had possession of the weapon.

martyj

Blackhawk
I looked at the gun show and didnt see them around here but will keep an eye out for them. Sorry to here about you loss