Carrying the 3" SP101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jame

Bearcat
I do and I doubt you can find a better holster for the price. (Or at twice the price for that matter!)

Due to severe back pain lately, I don't carry it concealed as often, but with a loose shirt, it conceals fine, fits great, and I can carry it cross draw if I wanted. If you're on the fence, jump off and buy it.

Three50seven

Buckeye
Well I found one! Went to a big gunshow today and only saw three 101s in the whole place. The one I ended up with is a 3" made in 2010. I've only fired 10 rounds through it, but I really like it so far.

Joe S.

Hunter
I loved my SP101. If it had been blues instead of SS I'd probably still have it.

I pocket carry a LCR daily.

tookalisten

Blackhawk
Three50seven said:
Been looking at the Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake, anyone have one for their SP?

Love it!
DSCF3708.jpg

mjoinercpd

Bearcat
Highly recommend the Simply rugged pancake. Be warned, they are habit forming. First one for a 5.5 SBH. Now three, (SBH, SS, Taurus 85). Dad saw one and is on his second (one for a 101 he loves). They seem to accumulate. A fantastic holster at any cost.

rtl

Single-Sixer
I'm the same height and build and carry mine in an Don Hume JIT, an OWB belt slide that I wear at about 4:30 on the belt under an untucked shirt. In a pinch I carry it appendix style or in the front right pocket with the butt out of the pocket a bit and concealed, but that's only when I run a quick errand and don't feel like stringing up the holster.

feillins

Bearcat
I've got my SP101 a year ago and you know what I love it so much due to its being strong and reliable because the performance is good..

flc

Bearcat
001-2.jpg

Very secure, comfortable and conceals great.
Nightingale Leather - about a month turn around time.

Don Davis

Bearcat
Not cheap, but I use a Milt Sparks VMII

Also have a Summer Special II for 2 1/4" SP, but the VMII is worth the extra $

Edit to add
Bearcat's holster looks like a copy of the Sparks VMII

I need a good OWB paddle holster, but apparently few people make one for the 3" SP101

Three50seven

Buckeye
Got my Simply Rugged yesterday, so much for waiting 2-3 weeks!! I wore it for a couple hours last evening and it seems to ride really well. Definitely well made.

Don Davis

Bearcat
Yeah, I wanted no retention strap and, ideally, a reinforced mouth. Looks like Milt Sparks again.

David LaPell

Blackhawk
I can't say anything to the 3 inch SP-101 but I do have the 2 1/4 inch. I have an unmarked pocket holster it resides in and no one is the wiser, but I shop around my carry gun for pants and I was never a jeans person anyway. I mostly wear cargo pants and the gun fits in there just fine. When I go out in the woods, I have a silver dollar pancake holster for it and it carries and packs to the point I don't know its there. Alot of people say the SP-101 is too heavy and bulky, but I find its just right.

Latest posts