Blackhawk .44 mag 10 1/2" ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KLNC

Single-Sixer
I saw a 10 1/2" .44 mag Super Blackhawk at a local gunstore and was intrigued by the thing. My need for it is zero, but would I like to have it--another story there. What's the general opinion of these? Pricewise on the used market do they sell at a premium to other similar condition Blackhawks, or at a discount. I did a search on the forum but didn't come up with much, so would value what others have to say.

RugerHound

Hunter
I picked up an S411N (bull barrel) for $345 delivered earlier this year on line in as-new condition. The tapered S410N models are a bit scarce and will bring a bit more... Look for $475 or thereabouts.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
The market is definitely more limited when you go to sell it. So if you had to sell it in a hurry any premium may be a moot point.

But if you like it, buy, try it and enjoy it a bit.

'The great enabler',

Cape Cod Terry

Single-Sixer
:D I really like mine, very accurate and gets a lot of attention at the range. The 10 1/2" barrel gets the most out of the .44 mag cartridge. I recently bought a Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 special and decided to try a few .44 specials in the Ruger for the first time. It's a real pussycat with the .44 special cowboy loads. Hope you like it. I paid $375 for mine at a gunshow 4 or 5 years ago. Holster selection is more limited than for the shorter barrel models, but Ruger makes a leather one that is reasonably priced.
:D Cape Cod Terry

flatgate

Hawkeye
Ruger made a few 10" .44's back in the early '70's.
44441495.jpg

With the advent of the New Model the 10" model was stretched out to 10-1/2" and had a tapered barrel.
157334697.jpg

Ruger then decided to go with the 10-1/2" Bull Barrel to give the silhouette shooters the longest permitted.
I had one for a while but decided I liked the lighter, slightly shorter barrels. :D

flatgate

DCRuger

Single-Sixer
I bought one of the 10 1/2" models when they came out. Had to have one! Traded my pristine 1971 7 1/2" model on it. What a Mistake. Finish really took a dive after the 70's! It never shot as well as the 7 1/2" SBH or my SS Interarms Virginian Dragoon 7 1/2".

Latest posts