My new Andy Horvath 480 Bisley

Help Support Ruger Forum:

j p sixguns welldone

Single-Sixer
100_2620.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Very nice. 8) Nice to see someone take to task that which he wants rather than continually wish and wonder why it's not cataloged. Kudos to you sir! I do like the front sight and the grips...the stripe...I like it. :)

Nowata

Single-Sixer
Are you kidding me??!! That is beautiful...The CCH is great!

j p sixguns welldone

Single-Sixer
Sorry I'm not sure if the cylinder was made in house but can find out if ya like. should have given a little info on gun it started out as a 45 colt has a 5 1/2" barrel, longer ejector rod housing studed,checkered ejector rod button,knurled,locking,oversized basepin,fitted cylinderstop,Jim Stroh front sight base,extra power basepin spring,trigger return spring,Andy scalloped the rear sight ears and Doug Turnbull color casehardening waiting for Bowen rear sight.

I think Andy is one of the best kept secrets in the custom revolver world. Sure, guys know of him but they don't realize how nice his work is and he seems to have one of the fasted turn around times for a small shop. I probably shoot my "L'il gun" in 41 Special more than any of my single actions.

Groo

Bearcat
Groo here
So your the one who got the third 5shot from Andy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If yours shoots like my 475's you will smile a mile wide...

Zeus

Blackhawk
Nice gun! I just got a couple of sights from Bowen that I've been waiting a couple months for. I bet yours will be along shortly :)

COR

Blackhawk
Kevin said:
That is very nice. How about another picture of the front site as well. If you post a picture of the other side that is. Thanks for Sharing!

That is a Stroh model available at the link below, I think it has the best lines of all the front sights out there. he also has ones that need soldered with the same style.

http://www.alphaprecisioninc.com/revolver/sight.html

EDK

Single-Sixer
j p sixguns welldone said:
........ waiting for Bowen rear sight.

I'd probably have a different caliber, but the gun is d*** near perfect as is. The excellent BOWEN Target rear is my favorite for a custom gun.

If finances permit, a set of PAUL PERSINGER ivories sure are nice.