Vaquro price help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
Thinking about thinning the herd some.

Ruger Vaquero Bisley, .45 Colt, #58-026XX. New in the box/unfired, with papers. If a model number is needed, will need to clear some things away from the vault to get to it.

For those Not-In-The-Know, this is the original Vaquero model, erroneously called the "old model." Do not confuse this pistol with the New Model Vaquero which is not as strong.

Any idea as to a fair price?

Addendum --11/14/18: retrieved revolver from safe –
Calibre: 45 Colt
Model: 00590
Catalogue number: RBNV-455
Serial number 058-026XX
"Color cased" frame, blued cylinder, barrel, trigger guard, etc.
Barrel: 5 ½"
Plastic box contains: Ruger lock, envelope with fired case (dated 6/13/01), instruction manual, NRA application card, Davidson's "GuaranteeD Lifetime Replacement Warranty Registration Card", yellow unloaded cylinder spacer/indicator, and green rust prevent bag.

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
Gents: thanks for the help. Will need to move a few things to open the vault and then post the model number, barrel length, etc.

It is blued

Again, thanks.

CraigC

Hawkeye
All Bisley Vaqueros that are not stainless steel are from the color case era. The all blue version did not emerge until into New Vaquero production. You should know this.

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
11/14/18: retrieved revolver from safe –
Calibre: 45 Colt
Model: 00590
Catalogue number: RBNV-455
Serial number 058-026XX
"Color cased" frame, blued cylinder, barrel, trigger guard, etc.
Barrel: 5 ½"
Plastic box contains: Ruger lock, envelope with fired case (dated 6/13/01), instruction manual, NRA application card, Davidson's "GuaranteeD Lifetime Replacement Warranty Registration Card", yellow unloaded cylinder spacer/indicator, and green rust prevent bag.

Sounds like a nice gun. Market continues to soften. Having said that it appears to me that the bisley goes for a little more money than the plow handle. In the "LNIB" condition I'd say $500-$575. Depending on your area it could be at either end of that price range. If you happen to find someone looking specifically for that gun, you could get the upper end. If you have to "tempt" someone, as in "hey that's a good deal" might be the lower end.

Let me know what you decide. Friend of mine who is an FFL, had a guy ask him about a 45 Colt, Vaquero. He asked me if I had one, but I don't have one that I would sell. Not sure if he prefers a plow handle or a bisley, but I would certainly pass the word on to the the FFL.

Latest posts