Wiley Clapp GP100 10mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deac45

Single-Sixer
Three50seven said:
This is the configuration that the .44 Spl. should have been initially released in...

Absolutely! Offer a 4" barrel option and I wouldn't be able to get to the gun shop fast enough!

coach

Hunter
gramps said:
Why a 10 mm in a revolver? Why not a .41 special or .41 Maggie ?
gramps
As far as I know no one actually loads a .41 special and the .41 mag never seems to have caught on other than as a specialty round.
A 10 mm chambering allows the use of a .40 s&w in addition to the 10 which is sort of magnum like. Maybe an attempt to lure auto loader shooters to a revolver. Moon clips makes for fast loading too.

muzzleloader

Single-Sixer
coach said:
gramps said:
Why a 10 mm in a revolver? Why not a .41 special or .41 Maggie ?
gramps
As far as I know no one actually loads a .41 special and the .41 mag never seems to have caught on other than as a specialty round.
A 10 mm chambering allows the use of a .40 s&w in addition to the 10 which is sort of magnum like. Maybe an attempt to lure auto loader shooters to a revolver. Moon clips makes for fast loading too.

Good points Coach. IIRC you can also fit 2 full clips in a reload holder meant for 1 speedloader. Although I have NOT done so with my S&W 610, they can be reamed to 10 mm Mag. Brass available from Starline and loaded ammo from doubleTap. I carry mine while deer hunting with single-shot rifle and have taken a buck and doe with it (close range shots). Nice to have a repeater while out alone.

Latest posts