Photo Shoot

Help Support Ruger Forum:

CraigC

Hawkeye
I haven't posted many new pics lately and thought I'd take a good weather opportunity (lighting, not temp) to get caught up.

First up is a Uberti Flat-top Target .44-40 I picked up from Dixie Gun Works this week. Believe it or not, those are factory Uberti case colors. All the guns I looked at, numbering close to a dozen, plus all the display models, had fantastic colors.

IMG_9261b.jpg

IMG_9271b.jpg

IMG_9268b.jpg

Next is a mild Bowen custom .44Mag Super Blackhawk.
IMG_9211b.jpg

A pair of factory antiqued Uberti "Old West" sixguns in .45Colt. I always thought that aged sixguns go so much better with aged leather.
IMG_9243b.jpg

IMG_9246b.jpg

Uberti Callahan Target .44Mag x 6".
IMG_9278b.jpg

Callahan and Flat-top together, an evolution of sorts.
IMG_9299b.jpg

For something completely different, a pair of .44Spl GP's.
IMG_9310b.jpg

32magfan

Blackhawk
Awesome looking pics. I have not had a chance to handle one of the blued 5" GP100's in 44Spl. Very nice inserts in those two 44's. Who did those?

Thanks,

32Magfan

pdcrig

Bearcat
Well, they're not all Rugers but nice photography my friend. I love the Flattop Target. I'd love to find a Uberti Flattop Target Bisley in .357.

BDM1

Single-Sixer
Wow, those are all nice. Great looking inserts on those double-actions! What kind of material is that?

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Uh, on those aged guns, how come the grips didn't age along with the gun?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That Flat Top is a thing of beauty! Nice photos.

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is there a little "shelf" behind the rear sight of the Calahan? The rear sight seems to set a trifle further forward than on a Blackhawk.

Bob Wright

CraigC

Hawkeye
Thanks folks, for the kind words.

The GP grip inserts came from Chig's. I forget what kind of stabilized burl wood they're made from. The blued one is simply a factory 5" .44Spl with Chig's inserts.

http://chigsgrips.com/

Here's a quick `n dirty iPhone pic of the Callahan's top strap.

IMG_0586.JPG

pdcrig said:
Well, they're not all Rugers but nice photography my friend. I love the Flattop Target. I'd love to find a Uberti Flattop Target Bisley in .357.
I'd love to find a flat-top Bisley in any chambering!

RSIno1 said:
There were a dozen Ubertis that looked that good and you stopped at only one? Great photos!
Not really. I was originally going to get a 5½" 1860 Richards-Mason .44Colt but I went through all four in the store and all of them were dragging the bolt at half cock. Got an 1851 instead and forgot to get it out for pics.

Bob Wright said:
Uh, on those aged guns, how come the grips didn't age along with the gun?
The grips are a little banged up but still have that crappy finish on them. I'll probably strip and refinish with Tru-oil to make them look a little more period correct.