need a holster for a Bisley Blackhawk revolver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dbhunter

Bearcat
I need a holster for my "distributor exclusive" 45 Colt Blackhawk Bisley revolver with 5.5-inch barrel. The revolver won't fit in the holster I use for my 45 Colt Blackhawk with plow handle grip, and I note that the descriptions for holsters at shopruger.com state, "does not fit Bisley revolvers."

Can anyone recommend a holster for this revolver?

brushunter

Single-Sixer
I have the same revolver ... I opted for Simply Rugged as terryjulie suggested. Very good quality holster. Sorry , don't remember the model. Its not a sourdough ... looks more like a western type ... maybe the " cattleman " holster , that's sounds familiar. Anyway good holsters.

regards , brushunter

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
Those 'shopruger' holsters will fit a Bisley. I have one and the strap is just a little tight under the hammer spur, works fine. They tilt forward though.

http://shopruger.com/Large-Frame-Single-Action-Triple-K-Belt-Holster-RH-5-1_2-Barrel/productinfo/84185/

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'm not one for the traditional western style or buckets. I prefer a well fitted and boned leather holster. Eliminates the need for a hammer strap if it's fitted properly. With that...Mitch Rosen and RGrizzle get my nod.

I'll also recommend Simply Rugged.

You know, this is an example that all business' should follow. Offer a good product for a fair price, and when you become successful remember that rule. A number of folks making leather start out with good prices and good products. But once they become successful get too big for their britches and rely on their past success to turn out higher priced and sometimes inferior products.

But folks still by their products because of the name recognition.

dbhunter

Bearcat
Thanks to all for your helpful suggestions. Now I have to study the possibilities, then make a choice.

Shotter11

Bearcat
I have this holster from Triple K for my 5 1/2 bisley. It fits well and the strong side carry fits high and tight against the body making it a pleasure to carry. I do not use the cross draw position as the grip of the gun sticks out too far for my liking. The actual model number is 570-17

https://www.triplek.com/product/570-woodsman/

The last holster i bought was a Simply Rugger Cattleman's holster. With the basket weave in light brown. It's almost artistic to look at. Very good construction and should last a very long time.

Major T

Blackhawk
I ordered three holsters from Shop Ruger for a Bearcat, a SS .44 Special FT, and a 50th Anniversary ..44 Magnum. The construction appeared to be Ruger Badged Hunter's holsters. The Bearcat was fine for the little gun, but I returned the other two as too light weight to use. Flimsy is the word.

Jack