Wow! Ruger steel has gone up a bit. (Pic)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Knuckles

Buckeye
:shock:
It's been a long time since I've shopped for a revolver $$$
I laid-a-way a big fat Vaquero 45lc today...(forgot to snap a pic' before they put it away)
It's a real pretty case color 5 1/2".
Couldn't bring myself to pay the big bucks for a 'NV' so I'll have to change the giant grip frame out someday.

btw, howdy y'all
URL=http://s13.photobucket.com/user/buddo/media/image_zps8scqlhdp.jpeg.html]
image_zps8scqlhdp.jpeg
[/URL]

Dos Vaqueros

Single-Sixer
Put some slim grip from Altamont or Eagle grips and you won't have to change the grip frame. With the slim grips on the original Vaquero it will feel the same size as the smaller New Vaquero

Knuckles

Buckeye
FergusonTO35 said:
Good deal. I like the original Vaqueros better anyway. They don't have that ridiculously long hammer spur.
I know exactly what you mean, oh'..."Ruger "short spur" model. :wink:

Dale53

Blackhawk
Knuckles;
That is sure a pretty Vaquero!

I have a Bisley Vaquero that I use for Black Powder Cartridge side matches "back in the day". I really hit it lucky with that one. Right out of the box, it shot center at 25 yards (I mean NRA "score center") using my chosen black powder load (case full of Swiss 3f compressed 1/16" by the seated Lyman 452664 bullet of 30/1 Lead/Tin sized .452"). I won more than my share of both score and silhouette matches with that fine revolver! It shoots to the same point of impact with that bullet of WW's+2% tin sized .452" and propelled by 8.5 grs. of Unique. All in Starline .45 Colt cases.

Mine, since it so reliably shoots to point of aim at 25 yards is a very useful field pistol, also.

Ruger did good with these revolvers.

One caution, you might want to check the cylinder throats. Ruger tended to create this undersize. I reamed mine out to .4525" with a Manson "made for the task" reamer kit with pilots. If you don't have the background to do this for yourself, I would suggest you look up "DougGuy" from the Cast Boolit forum. He does these cylinders at a very reasonable rate. You only have to send the cylinder to him.

FWIW
Dale53