I have always wanted a .41 Bisley in 4.6 - Now what?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jebstuart

Single-Sixer
Ever since I got the "Blackhawk Bug", I have wanted a .41 Bisley in 4 5/8".

Well, I finally gathered up enough revolvers to make one.

Questions Though
:
Was the Bisley ever available in 41 Mag with 4 5/8" barrel?
Was the Original Vaquero ever available in 44 Mag, 5 1/2", Blue CC with plow handle?

I know they are purely "Frank'in Guns" now until/if I ever change them back but were they available in this configuration?

Pictures attached -

Started with this:

Added some of this:

And, got this:

With this left over:

Skoopski

Single-Sixer
.41's were only offered in 4 5/8" and 6 1/2" barrels.

And yes, there was a variation of the Vaquero blue cc in .41 5 1/2" plow handle.

Beautiful guns you've got there. Nothing like making what you need.

BlkHawk73

Hunter

Bisley's chambered in .41 magnum were only cataloged as a blued 7 1/2" model. Stainless ones were made as a distributor model in 5 1/2" and as a Hunter model with the typical 7 1/2" Hunter bbl.

jebstuart

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73 said:

Bisley's chambered in .41 magnum were only cataloged as a blued 7 1/2" model. Stainless ones were made as a distributor model in 5 1/2" and as a Hunter model with the typical 7 1/2" Hunter bbl.

Thank you, you understand my question exactly.
I'm gonna risk one more trip to the well.
Do you know whether the Original CC Vaquero came with plow handle in 5.5? I might want to sell my leftovers & need to describe it properly.
Thanks again for your help,
Jeb

Arky

Single-Sixer
I am not one of the experts on Ruger. But, I have never heard of a Factory Vaquero in .41 in any configuration. That will become a new grail gun for me if they did.

smith1961

Blackhawk
jebstuart said:

With this left over:

THIS!!!!!!

In .41 magnum is what many of us here have been begging Jason @ Lipsey's to do!!!!! ARRRGGHHHH!!!!
:shock:

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=176975

rangerbob

Buckeye
Very Nice!!!!!!!!!!! Jeb, did you see my post on the .41 Henry rifle in the rifle section? I can't think of a better match for your Bisley!! Bob!! :mrgreen:

71shooter

Single-Sixer
I love that 41 Bisley! I've considered making one similar to that out of a 44spl flattop Bisley, using a long Bowen cylinder, so that the long 265gn LBT's can be used.

ko41

Bearcat
I like 'em!

I also always wanted a short barrel .41Magnum Bisley , so tossed a .41 Mag 4 5/8" Flattop in a bucket with a .41 Mag 7 1/2" Bisley and a few extra parts then stirred gently.

.41 Magnum New Model Superish Blackhawk 7 1/2", shown with a custom Marlin 1894FG .41 Magnum.

KO

ko41

Bearcat
jebstuart said:
ko41 said:
I like 'em!

I also always wanted a short barrel .41Magnum Bisley , so tossed a .41 Mag 4 5/8" Flattop in a bucket with a .41 Mag 7 1/2" Bisley and a few extra parts then stirred gently.

I like the Bisley stocks. Mind saying where you found them?
Jeb

BearPaw Grips, gooseman179 on eBay.

KO

bobbymocs

Bearcat
I have a 7 1/2 inch Bisley Blackhawk in 41 magnum.
Been looking for a Bisley in .41 magnum with a 4-5/8" for some time!!!! Haven't found one yet but, "never give up, never quit!!!!" An old action in black, like the one sold would be "Ideal" but, a stainless steel Bisley would sure be nice as a backup piece while waiting the replacement of my old action to show up and then make the Bisley my backup!!!! Appreciate any and all help!!!!! Thanks and Happy 😊 Trails 👣

bobbymocs

Bearcat
Been looking for a Bisley in .41 magnum with a 4-5/8" for some time!!!! Haven't found one yet but, "never give up, never quit!!!!" An old action in black, like the one sold would be "Ideal" but, a stainless steel Bisley would sure be nice as a backup piece while waiting the replacement of my old action to show up and then make the Bisley my backup!!!! Appreciate any and all help!!!!! Thanks and Happy 😊 Trails 👣