New Play Toy

Help Support Ruger Forum:

wizofwas

Buckeye
So I go into the LGS that is just around the corner from me and look around. He still has this Speed Six in the display case. I waited until I could talk privately to him and gave him a lowball offer. To my surprise, he said OK. Here are some pictures of my new GS33-PS.

The lock up is just as tight as can be on this revolver. And if it has been shot, it hasn't been shot very much. It's just too clean to have many rounds through it. Wear and tear are for all practical purposes, nonexistent.

Flatbush

Single-Sixer
Well done sir! It even came with the cardboard box!
Nice score! Let us know how it shoots and how much you like it!

Flatbush

bvd1

Single-Sixer
Very nice! I was watching this one on gunbroker just to see what it would finally sell for. Lucky for you that the dealer never got his reserve price after relisting it several times and pulled it from the auction. I have a couple 3" Service Sixes but still hope to find a 3" USPS Speed Six.

wizofwas

Buckeye
Thanks for all of the positive comments. This was one of those, if the price is right, I'll buy it. I'm starting to get quite a family of these six's now. I never should have bought the first one, the SS-84-L that I have. This revolver is the only weapon that I've ever brought home, new or used, that did not need cleaning. It's just pristine, I almost hate to want to shoot it. bvd1, you should have jumped on this one if you're looking for one. And contender, if it ain't loaded, it's just a paper weight or a safe queen. And I don't have either. :)