Packing-ruger!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
Lots of work still to go....started life as a 6" gp100.

Got a little hair cut to 3" and then went on a diet and we started lopping off metal!

Still have to radius all the edges, mill for a dx style front sight, soft glass bead, and add boot grips!

The perfect companion for your franken ruger!

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
You know, I have never had...nor wanted...a GP100.
Have been perfectly happy with my Six Series guns.

Having said that:

You ever decide to sell THAT GP100...let me know, first?

Please?

:D

I think that the ~3" barrel is perfect for the GP100. I love my custom one, and I think that this one is quite a beauty. I really believe Ruger is really missing a bunch of sales by not offering a 3" adjustable sighted 357 GP100.

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
Still waiting on the boot grips from badger. That will round it out.

Everything has it's price!

First point I reckon is I am not even a Ruger fan. I find them to always be too heavy and over built for what they are unless I'm trying to stuff a giant caliber in them.

Then I started the Franken Ruger build and I knew we were going to load above book. Heck were almost running 357 max loads in that silly thing. But with all the work to the Franken Ruger it shoots 1" or less at 100 yds and I can stay on an 8" plate at 300.

So then I had this extra gp100.....and since the Franken Ruger isn't a packing gun or defense gun I figured I needed a smaller version to wear on the belt. And since it's of the same over built action if something happened and a Franken Ruger load slipped in the chamber it wouldn't be the end of the world.

And I have 12 more gp100 in stock.....so I could always sell this one.

1RugerFan_33

Single-Sixer
bcgunworks said:
Still waiting on the boot grips from badger. That will round it out.

Everything has it's price!

First point I reckon is I am not even a Ruger fan. I find them to always be too heavy and over built for what they are unless I'm trying to stuff a giant caliber in them.

Then I started the Franken Ruger build and I knew we were going to load above book. Heck were almost running 357 max loads in that silly thing. But with all the work to the Franken Ruger it shoots 1" or less at 100 yds and I can stay on an 8" plate at 300.

So then I had this extra gp100.....and since the Franken Ruger isn't a packing gun or defense gun I figured I needed a smaller version to wear on the belt. And since it's of the same over built action if something happened and a Franken Ruger load slipped in the chamber it wouldn't be the end of the world.

And I have 12 more gp100 in stock.....so I could always sell this one.

Sent you a pm...

dakota1911

Buckeye
Nice looking revolver, and that project kept you busy and out of trouble for some time I bet.

bcgunworks

Single-Sixer
I have received a ton of emails from people all over the web about the packing ruger.

Here is a price break down on your gp100

Cut and crown to 11 degree
Slab cut barrel
Cut for dx or novak sight
Ccw trigger work
Entire gun de horned
Refinish the gp100. Bead blast, hot blue, or cerakote.

$675 on your gp

Additional items to consider are special front sights such as night sight or gold bead.
Chamfered charge holes
Grips