9.5" Single Sixes?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Jason280_2

Single-Sixer
Added to the Single Six collection today, picked up a New Model .22LR with the 9.5" barrel. Wasn't fortunate enough to get a magnum cylinder with the gun, but it did include a nice leather holster. How common are the 9.5" barreled revolvers?

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
I've been looking at them on GB for a few weeks now. Was thinking that 9.5 inch barrel would be a fun revolver to get rid of some 22lr with !!!!! Don't know what is holding me back......

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
They are all over the place form this low to the second one as the high. A total of 13 for sale now.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=447255387

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=448132864

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
Jason280_2 said:
Thanks for the links. I paid $250 + tax on mine, which I think was reasonable.

Very good deal....But will life ever be the same for you without the mag cylinder, you know you will be looking for. I bet BedRockFred has some of those things.....

Jason280_2

Single-Sixer
Actually, don't think I'll miss the magnum cylinder. I already have another Single Six in .22 Mag with a 6.5" barrel, but it would be neat to have. I imagine a .22 Mag would be a lot more impressive out of a 9.5" barrel!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Bucks,

New or old model?
I have several searches for barrels and 9 1/2" are just hardly ever for sale.
And besides that, the barrel thread changed in 1985, so that's something else you must consider.

Much easier to sell your gun and just buy a 9 1/2" gun.

Bucks Owin

Hunter
Hondo44 said:
Bucks,

New or old model?
I have several searches for barrels and 9 1/2" are just hardly ever for sale.
And besides that, the barrel thread changed in 1985, so that's something else you must consider.

Much easier to sell your gun and just buy a 9 1/2" gun.

I could go with either, but would prefer to swap out my NM...My OM 6.5"er is too accurate to mess with! :wink:

mran1126

Bearcat
I have a 3 screw single-six with the 9.5 inch barrel that I bought when I was 18 in 1964. Has the magnum cylinder and fixed sights. Back then I paid $74.95 for it. Still shoots great almost like a little .22 rifle. At that time I also purchased a George Lawrence western style holster and gunbelt. Still have those too. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

Ruger45

Blackhawk
mran1126 said:
I have a 3 screw single-six with the 9.5 inch barrel that I bought when I was 18 in 1964. Has the magnum cylinder and fixed sights. Back then I paid $74.95 for it. Still shoots great almost like a little .22 rifle. At that time I also purchased a George Lawrence western style holster and gunbelt. Still have those too. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.
I for one would like to see pictures of that. :D
And if ya get to thinkin ya need to part with it I could prolly help out with that :D

Ruger45

Blackhawk
Got a new model 9.5" setting on the shelf at the LGS and a OM rolling in from Kentucky in the next day or two.

Mohillbilly

Bearcat
I have a stainless star model , and found another mag cylinder that fits well . Both cylinders work well the mag cylinder being a little more accurate .

Walter Rego

Single-Sixer
This one took me a while to find in CA, but it was worth it. It shoots like a rifle and the fixed sights are not a detriment as long as I stick with standard weights in the .22 mag cylinder and not the lighter bullet weight "MaxiMag" type loads.