SR9c Striker Blocker & Trigger Quality???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

GKC

Blackhawk
Cheesewhiz said:
...but the thread is about buyer's remorse and the ensuing hacking of said gun.

I guess we (or me) have taken thread this off topic far enough.

I will say this: I don't personally believe in messing with the fire control group of most guns, with 1911s being the exception...and then, only if tuned by a competent gun smith. Of course, my opinion and $2 will get you a cup of coffee at Denny's. :lol:

revhigh

Hawkeye
GKC said:
I will say this: I don't personally believe in messing with the fire control group of most guns, with 1911s being the exception...and then, only if tuned by a competent gun smith.

It's so good to hear from someone with some common sense for a change !

REV

GKC

Blackhawk
revhigh said:
It's so good to hear from someone with some common sense for a change !

REV

How dare you accuse me of something so heinous! :lol: :lol:

Cape Cod Terry

Single-Sixer
Hi,
I think the point missed in this thread is the OP started tinkering with a new gun. I bought a new SR9c a couple years ago, after 500 shots the trigger and action smoothed out a lot, and by a thousand it was even better. You should break any mechanical product in before you try to "improve" it. It's my daily carry gun although I also have an SR45 and a Charter Arms .44 spec Bulldog that I carry occasionaly. I would never carry any semiauto pistol without a safety. More cops shoot themselves with their own Glocks than any other gun. I would never remove a mag disconnect. A lot of accidental discharges are caused by people forgetting to remove the round in the chamber after removing the mag. Just my humble opinion.
Cape Cod Terry :?

GKC

Blackhawk
Cape Cod Terry said:
You should break any mechanical product in before you try to "improve" it.

I agree...plus, I don't personally like to tinker with the fire control group in an attempt to "improve" its functionality (1911s being the one exception to that, with a gunsmith's expertise.) IMO, you should buy a gun based on how it was designed to function. More problems have been induced by tinkering than problems resolved.

Cape Cod Terry said:
I would never remove a mag disconnect. A lot of accidental discharges are caused by people forgetting to remove the round in the chamber after removing the mag.

Here is where we disagree. I don't think that a gun should have to try to compensate for a user's stupidity, at the risk of reduced functionality. I do not like mag disconnects, because they will disable the gun if the mag release is hit unintentionally. Yes, I've read the discussions about officers or others who are in a struggle with a bad guy and drop the mag to disable the gun, but I don't think that is a likely scenario for most civilians. I think it is far more likely to inadvertently drop the mag under stress and render the gun inoperable...and that is a more significant danger to me. This is, as was yours, only my opinion. Fortunately, we both have choices to accommodate our preference. 8)