Mark III issue Magazine Backwards !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Britt

Bearcat
Well, I have some doubts if I ever buy a Mk III, but should it happen, I'll bear that in mind.

My only excuse for making the dumb mistake of a backwards magazine is that in all
fairness, it was on a drilling rig at 3:30 AM, probably not my best time to concentrate.

BD

Rabon

Single-Sixer
Fishslayer said:
Nevada said:
Repeat after me: Bullets go towards front of gun.

Just make sure the boolits point the right way! :D

HKbulletsBackwards.jpg
Just remember H&K hates you. :)

Ruger Nut10

Single-Sixer
Nice to know now that the so called "gun smith" fixed mine for $150. Been a long time but it still burns me.

flyswatter

Bearcat
Hi
Thank you guys so much for the info on here for fixing this problem.
My Grandpa has a ruger mark iii and my dad was checking it out and put the mag in backwards. After several hours of trying to figure out how this happened, i looked on here and then he didn't feel so dumb. Thankfully the mag wasn't loaded. After a few more hours of trying to get the mag out we all quit trying.
I came home and thought and thought and thought
Then today I went back to my grandpas to try my idea AND IT WORKED!!!
thought i should share in case anyone else does this

Take a tape measure cute the tape use the cut end and wrap around the round egde of the magazine slide it up the mag between the butt of the gun and the mag when it hits the top slide both the mag and the tape measure piece up as far as they will go... pull them out together.

it took 10 seconds and no damage to anything but the tape measure. if you are like my grandpa you have ten million tape measures laying around anyway. i'm sure and piece of very thin very stiff metal would work. Hope this helps :wink:

Thanks Dumb__Gun__Girl. Not so dumb. Good thinking on the tape measure fix. Was about ready to send to Ruger to fix. Looked and didn't want to disassemble the gun further than necessary. Read your post and as you stated just a few seconds and magazine was out.

Thanks again for sharing... :D