SR9/SR9c/SR40 Modifications and Accessories

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jhearne

Buckeye
Just a thread we can use to consolidate parts and accessories for the SR9 and SR9c. If parts are gun specific they will be marked accordingly until confirmed otherwise.

General Instructions for adding parts to the list:

Brief Description and Link to product, will try to update when I can. Thanks for the links so far guys, keep them coming.

Josh

Aftermarket Ruger SR Pistol Accessories
Galloway Precision - My Galloway Parts Testing/Review Thread

Trigger Connectors

Rocket - 3.5 lb - Ghost Advertised 3.5 lb pull, adjustable Trigger Control Tab (TCT)
Tactical - 5.0 lb - Ghost Advertised 5.0 lb pull, with TCT
Ultimate - 3.5 lb - Ghost Advertised 3.5 lb pull, not adjustable, straight drop-in

Guide Rods

From Galloway Precision Made for both Blackened and Stainless slides, uses a new spring so you keep your factory spring/rod as an option. Also available are other spring rates to try for fine tuning your gun to certain loads. Only available for non-compact SR9/40 pistols

From Guiderod.com - Steve Bedair Quick turn around advertised, $40 for Captive Guide Rod in Stainless, $55 for Checkered End Email him for more any questions. SR9/40 ONLY, Also LC9. 2 spring setup for SR9c isn't possible.

Sights/Lasers
Crimson Trace LG-449 Laser for SR9c (only) $209
Optics Planet.com - Meprolight Sights Marked $44, add $33 for SR9/c....$77 Total
Hi-Viz Front Sight, Midway
XS Sights, Left Side, 3rd Row Down, Full Set
LaserLyte Rear Sight/Laser Setup
Viridian Green Laser (Rail Mount)

Magazines (Prices good as of 3/4/10)
17 Round Magazines, Fits Both SR9 and SR9c*
- Midway USA $39.99
- CDNN $29.99
- Bud's Gun Shop $24.99 (Cash Discount Price)

10 Round Magazines, Fits Both SR9 and SR9c*
- Midway USA $39.99

SR9c Only
- Midway USA $39.99
*SR9c sleeve optional

Ruger Factory Replacement Parts and Accessories
ShopRuger.com - Official Ruger Store, parts, accessories, gifts and apparel available.
Galloway Precision - Aftermarket parts for the SR striker fired pistols (SR9/c/40), great selection, more parts in development ;)
Midway USA - Large online store, virtually anything for almost any gun commonly used.

jhearne

Buckeye
Will hunt up the links later today, going to restructure the Mags info, do 17 rounders by site, then 10s then SR9c 10s....hoping to keep it organized. Won't include prices unless I date them as I find/update them.

If you supply a product for the list it makes it very easy on me if a link's provided btw :)....I can hunt it up myself, just streamlines the process of updating the list.

Josh

jhearne

Buckeye
Updated put prices on Magazines and reorganized some things. Will probably check prices each week or so....if anyone finds prices change before I post up on it, post here and I'll update accordingly :).

Will add to the list as we find stuff, thanks for the items so far everyone.

Josh

pamato18

Bearcat
Hey another possible modification to your SR9. I just stumbled across Steve Bedair's website. The guy makes stainless steel guide rods for pistols. Doesn't have the SR9 on his site, but says if you ship him your rod he'll do a custom one. Seems like he could do a SR9. All the comments are really positive and he boasts a 48 hour turnaround time. For a captive stainless steel custom guide rod charges $40. A lot of people don't mind the polymer one, but supposedly for durability, a bit of muzzle weight, and less flex the stainless steel is better. Anyway here is the link:

http://guiderod.com/specialorders.html

pamato18

Bearcat
Yeah I know, thats what I thought. Anyway wanted to insert the email response I got from him. Seems like a completely class guy...

"Thank you for the kind words on the guide rods, I appreciate it!
Yes I can make a stainless copy of the factory captive SR9 rod.
The total would be $40.00 , this includes free S&H.
And I can also add checkering for an additional $15.00 ($55.00 total): http://guiderod.com/Checker.html
I would need your factory rod shipped to me so that I could reuse
the recoil spring. I can usually have the new rod shipped out the day
after I receive the factory rod.
I can take paypal to this email address or a check included with the
shipped rod would be fine.
Thanks again,
Steve"

Anyway I just read over the comments on his page... wow! sounds like a great guy and seems like he has a great product. anyway hopefully put this in my SR9 pretty soon....

jhearne

Buckeye
Updated to include the Guide Rod Links (included Checkering too). Seems the SR9 would be the easier one to do, but the SR9c's double spring setup could be a tad complicated or require a bit more money to get done, maybe more time to turn around. Who knows, sent him an email asking about it and will update my post accordingly after I get a reply.

Josh

jhearne

Buckeye
Got the reply back from Steve moments ago, he can't do the SR9c or any other gun with a 2 spring setup similar to it.

Here's his reply:

"Sorry but I can't make a stainless rod for the ones with two springs, only
the ones with the single springs.
Most all the makers of Compact models are going with the two springs / captive rods.
There are not any aftermarket springs or rods available for these.
For the single spring captive rods I can usually have the new rod made the day I receive
the factory rod and have the finished rod shipped out the following day.
Thanks again,
Steve"

Sorry SR9c folks, seems that's going to be stock unless someone can get one apart and figure how to make a 2 spring system work out of steel. Frankly, I'd leave it alone on the SR9c.

Josh

SavageDetroit

Bearcat
Anyone know of a place other than shopruger.com that sells the SR9c Magazine Adapter for the 17rd Mag?
shopruger.com sells them for $8 + shipping but the minimum order is $10 so for 2 it would $21.50 shipped.

sprale

Bearcat
SavageDetroit":18o0gy6m said:
Anyone know of a place other than shopruger.com that sells the SR9c Magazine Adapter for the 17rd Mag?
shopruger.com sells them for $8 + shipping but the minimum order is $10 so for 2 it would $21.50 shipped.

For target shooting, spare 17-round mags don't feel odd in my hand without the adapter. Probably personal preference...

Grendel

Single-Sixer
Does anyone have measurements on the Hi Viz and XS front sights? Specifically, I'm looking for the width of the front sight blade.

My stock front sight is 0.126" wide and the rear sight aperture is 0.136" wide. So, for an ideal sight picture, there is a 0.005" gap on either side of the front sight. It looks tiny "on paper", but the gap seems huge to me when I'm lining up the sights. I'm wondering if the Hi Viz or XS sight is a little wider, shortening those gaps.

-JT

jhearne

Buckeye
Well Perspective is going to make the gap seem bigger, even if it is just a few thousandths, plus daylight exaggerates it I think.

Kinda like how black clothing seems to be slimming....just the opposite in this case with light.

Don't know the measurements though.

Josh

Rugerlvr

Bearcat
The SR9c short 10 round mags are available now at Midway. Their dealer price (C&R, FFL) is only $31.

jhearne

Buckeye
Rugerlvr":2n4cv0e6 said:
The SR9c short 10 round mags are available now at Midway. Their dealer price (C&R, FFL) is only $31.

Thanks for the heads up, updated the SR9c 10 rounders.

Josh

Latest posts