SR9/SR9c/SR40 Modifications and Accessories

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hindsbru

Bearcat
most stores here are out of 9mm, but you can still by .40. Why would you want to change?

hindsbru

Bearcat
Hmmm, call Ruger, it may be as easy as swapping the barrel and clip. The SR series are pretty similar. As hard to get as 9mm has been lately, you may find someone to trade.

zcrose

Bearcat
I have a Ruger SR9C, would I be able to fit an SR9 Tactical light and laser on my compact. Also would it stick to far out from the front of the barrel.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/XP6E-SR9-Pistol-Handgun-Flashlight-Weapon-Light-Laser-/130864903957?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7827f715

atjurhs

Bearcat
Hi guys,

I'm am brand new to this forum (1st post). I just bought an SR9c with a built-in Crimson laser sight that hangs below the barrel and has a push-button switch built-into the handle. I can post a picture if I need to.

Does somebody know of a left handed soft holster (leather or canvas) that will fit it? I've found plenty that fit the SR9c but haven't found one that says it will fit an SR9c with the laser

many thanks, Todd

Idaho Spud

Bearcat
ge33913 said:
Is there a lighter spring, or a way to make the slide easier to rack?

Squeeze tennis balls, curl dumb bells, push-ups! Kinda joking, but aside from using an overhand method of racking the slide don't know of one. A strong spring is necessary for function in short barrel 9's & 40's. Wait til ya get old, arthritic hands (like me). Aside from moving to revolvers, you'll have to find a way.

freedomcosts

Single-Sixer
atjurhs said:
Hi guys,

I'm am brand new to this forum (1st post). I just bought an SR9c with a built-in Crimson laser sight that hangs below the barrel and has a push-button switch built-into the handle. I can post a picture if I need to.

Does somebody know of a left handed soft holster (leather or canvas) that will fit it? I've found plenty that fit the SR9c but haven't found one that says it will fit an SR9c with the laser

many thanks, Todd

I did a search yesterday for holsters for SR9c with flashlight- not much luck, but it brought up quite a few for CT lasers. Think ebay has a good variety listed there.

MikeMcD

Bearcat
Cleaning the guide rod?
Easy... If you have some cleaner, spray some on the rod assembly and then use a brush (toothbrush works) to clean the rod. Spray again and wipe off what you can. Lube the way you prefer and replace. It works, unless you have an uncontrollable compunction to take everything apart and polish the parts (not necessary).
Get a spare rod/spring assembly from Ruger while they are so cheap. It is a good deal and they work very well. The only issues we have heard our way regarding guide rods etc. have been from the new ones folks put in to replace a working original part.

doberman

Bearcat
ge33913 said:
Is there a lighter spring, or a way to make the slide easier to rack?

Mine was a little stiff at first too. There are 3 ways to deal with it. The first way is to just get used to doing it and maybe work on strengthening your grip somehow. The second way is to check online ( I found Galloway Precision to have this) and purchase a different spring. I know they have different strength guiderod assemblies, one of those being a lighter than stock spring system for those who shoot mostly reloads. I got a slightly stronger spring to help with shooting heavier bullets or plus P stuff. The third way is the easiest and most economical. Lock your slide open and leave it that way overnight. Check it the next day. Rack the slide a few times. If it's not easier yet do it again. I did this with my Kahr P380 and it worked very well. Regardless of what you do, putting 500-600 rounds through it will make it easier to rack.