The new SR9c

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rock

Bearcat
My buddy contacted me several days ago and informed me he had found one of the new Ruger SR9C at his local dealer, they have just been released this month and are real hard to come by at this point. I reviewed the information at his request and told him it sounded like just what he had on his wish list, with a few things added that would be on my wish list.

After reading the information at the Ruger site it is obvious that this will be a very popular CCW pistol, it has a great deal of very positive features in my opinion and will allow someone to carry a firearm that will conceal well and have the advantage of the .9mm round for self defense. It seems lately that the .380 has become the darling of the CCW crowd, which is fine with me; however on its best day that caliber is just too marginal for me.

In all my years of carrying handguns it has been either the .44 Special or the .45ACP, with the improvement in cartridges today I could live with a .9mm but nothing smaller for sure.

If you get a chance take a look on the Ruger site and let me know what you think, I think unless something unforeseen shows up they have another winner on their hands.

Rock

Bearcat
As a follow up to my post; I read an interesting review of the SR9c on Gunblast, www.gunblast.com/Ruger-SR9C.htm, they seemed to like it a great deal. They tested it with +p loads as well as standard and all seemed to work flawlessly.

As I said before; this just may be a great answer to those of us that are CCW holders and would like a compact and reliable weapon in a reasonable caliber for self defense.

mrme

Bearcat
Just got it haven't had a chance to shoot it - fit and finish is superb, very nice indeed, much nicer than the fullsize model.

CenterTree

Bearcat
$410!! Now that seems very reasonable to me for this gun. mrme, did you get the black or brushed stainless? I want the black but was hoping it was actually "black stainless" and not just a blackened alloy finish. If you check Ruger web-site they state the SR9 as black stainless, yet they state the SR9c as "Nitrodox Pro Black finish over the alloy steel."
Seems to me the black SHOULD BE cheaper than the brushed stainless. :?:

CDR-USN

Bearcat
$410.00/ Excellent. :lol: ...Definitely going into my ruger collection and my new CCW

mrme

Bearcat
Stainless -

The black is a blackened stainless slide similar to what Sig does...

kscott

Single-Sixer
mrme":1ut4tg53 said:
Stainless -

actually the SR9c is blackened ALLOY. The full size is blackened stainless but it has been changed. Mine should be in this week. Tell us about it... You're killin me with suspense. Haha

mrme

Bearcat
According to Ruger, and what I had in my hand,I had a black in my hand and inspected it - I can make a more authoritative statement, then someone who hasn't even seen one yet -

It is blackened stainless with some type of coating on it as I said a number of times something similar to Sig.

SEE BELOW the info pulled right off the Ruger web site ... PLEASE LETS PUT THE BLACK THING TO BED - NOW....!!!

A variation of the original SR9 that boasts a unique, high-tech, Nitrodox Pro Black finish over the stainless steel slide. The multi-step blackening process improves durability and corrosion resistance by creating a surface hardness of 68 HRC. The extra hard finish also reduces scratching and holster wear.

I had a choice and picked the stainless over the black and BTW, this will even solidify my statement: because the black is blackened Stainless there is NO DIFFERENCE in price between the two. I like the stainless as it will show less holster wear then black just my opinion ... Plus I think it looks sharper, however, if I was going to be carrying it in covert situations obviously the black works better, also, the black doesn't show the banner as much as the stainless does the SR9 banner (rollmark) is more prevalent on the stainless model.

mrme

Bearcat
kscott":nji1jmyq said:
mrme":nji1jmyq said:
Stainless -

actually the SR9c is blackened ALLOY. The full size is blackened stainless but it has been changed. Mine should be in this week. Tell us about it... You're killin me with suspense. Haha

Once again and I don't know how many times I have to say this - BUT YOU ARE WRONG, WRONG, WRONG - now before you put your foot in your mouth again please go to the Ruger web site and read up on what you just bought - dah!!!

kscott

Single-Sixer
mrme":xmd6fijr said:
kscott":xmd6fijr said:
mrme":xmd6fijr said:
Stainless -

Once again and I don't know how many times I have to say this - BUT YOU ARE WRONG, WRONG, WRONG - now before you put your foot in your mouth again please go to the Ruger web site and read up on what you just bought - dah!!!
welcome to the forum. Nice to have another nice member join.

kscott

Single-Sixer
Please read...
http://ruger.com/products/sr9cBlackenedAlloy/index.html
Please don't attack people. I wasn't even a jerk when I corrected you. I just wanted to clear it up. I even asked you to give us more info about your SR9c because I was excited to hear about it, then you jumped my case. So pump the brakes, everything's fine. Everybody's been wrong, it's no biggie. I've learned a lot here, and I'm sure you will to, along with teaching somebody else something.

CenterTree

Bearcat
to kscott: LOL I think mrme is having PMS! I've been all over the RUGER site and it is VERY CLEAR that the NEW SR9c is blackened ALLOY,,, NOT black stainless. Even Ruger has chosen their words carefully as they describe the SR9c. It appears they did make a change compared to the full sized sr9 (which IS black stainless). In addition, if one were to check other web sites (ie ImpactGuns.com, Ammoland.com) no one is using the term BLACK STAINLESS while describing the sr9c. It is BLACK FINISH. Sorry mrme. Here is the CORRECT quote from RUGER>>> A variation of the SR9c that boasts a unique, high-tech, Nitrodox Pro Black finish over the alloy steel slide and high-performance, glass-filled nylon frame. The quote mrme gave is for the SR9.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
mrme":3eza3mom said:
Whatever - I don't care, I'm out of here - "WGAF"

We all been wrong at times, and learn from each other!
I cant see where "kscott" was disrespectful to you, but it would be wiser to agree to dis-agree? No need to attack him!!!!

revhigh

Hawkeye
Can't stainless be an ALLOY ???? :D

REV

On a side note ... It seems that there's a fair amount of 'iniital using' going on lately, mostly from new folks. Things like WGAF (not sure what that stands for, but I doubt it's friendly), or ending a post with AH, or FY or whatever.

I'm deleting these posts with no explanation. Simply put .... we don't do that here .....

REV

Latest posts