gun tape

Help Support Ruger Forum:

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
I seen some gun tape on a pistol in a shooting video , looks like black deck plate. Not sure what to call it, but I would sure like to fine some. Please help ? Thanks to all replies!!

pisgah

Buckeye
Are you referring to grip tape? If so, you can buy it as skateboard tape, or super-cheap as stair tread tape from any hardware store.

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
pisgah":1wkj81cu said:
Are you referring to grip tape? If so, you can buy it as skateboard tape, or super-cheap as stair tread tape from any hardware store.

Yes Iam. Thanks for your help.
The stuff i seem had lots of little raise pieces on it,the man had it cut into about 3/8 inches wide strips, 6-8 of them place where he like them. He said this really stop the gun from moving around! Will be at the stores tomorrow.

s4s4u

Hunter
There is a company that pre-cuts sticky grips for many different pistols, MidwayUSA carries it. Some of the skateboard tape can be pretty aggressive, hard on the hands. The right stuff makes for a secure grip tho.

glockmutt

Single-Sixer
I think "aggressive" is a bit mild....LOL! Had some tape on a duty gun many years ago and it played hell with my uniform shirts. Almost wore out the inside of my right shirt sleeve below the elbow and the right side of my shirt along the belt line. Once I discovered what was going on I took the tape off the side panels and just left it on the front strap. Tape was great for competition, but don't recommend it for everyday wear.

marlin1881

Single-Sixer
I've gone to the hardware store and bought some strips that are used on the leading edge of stairs, usually in a commercial building or in marine application. Yes, they are rough, but they work quite well on my Ruger MKII 22 for bullseye.

buster cat

Bearcat
glockmutt":2tfngjgh said:
I think "aggressive" is a bit mild....LOL! Had some tape on a duty gun many years ago and it played hell with my uniform shirts. Almost wore out the inside of my right shirt sleeve below the elbow and the right side of my shirt along the belt line. Once I discovered what was going on I took the tape off the side panels and just left it on the front strap. Tape was great for competition, but don't recommend it for everyday wear.
........Use the skateboard tape on my P95. Simple fix for the rough grit, black finger nail polish. You can get it at wally world for a buck or two per bottle. One coat will usually tone the grit down to the point it will not cut into clothing. .... :lol: ......Buster Cat..........