SR9 REPAIRED AGAIN!!!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

JAP78

Bearcat
O.K...........So Here's The Repair/Replace List Part 2:

But first a refresher of the first time I sent it to Ruger for mag release issues and the trigger not reseting properly:

1. Replaced Barrel
2. Replaced Trigger Bar Reset
3. Repaired Mag Latch Thumbpiece

Now here's the second time I sent it to Ruger for the same trigger not reseting properly issues:

1. Replaced Barrel (Again!)
2. Replaced Trigger Bar Reset (Again!)
3. Replaced Camblock
4. Replaced Fire Control Housing
5. Replaced Slide

I'll be at the range for a while tomorrow. I'll post how it goes............If all goes well, that'd be fantastic! If not, well............there might be a "like new" SR9 on the market for any of you who are interested!?

STAY TUNED!!

Jeff

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
JAP78":1r25gcn3 said:
I'll be at the range for a while tomorrow. I'll post how it goes............If all goes well, that'd be fantastic! If not, well............there might be a "like new" SR9 on the market for any of you who are interested!?

Jeff

Problem is how do you sell a gun that you know isn't right? I couldn't.

slippingaway

Blackhawk
ArmedinAZ":l9egvts9 said:
JAP78":l9egvts9 said:

Jeff

Problem is how do you sell a gun that you know isn't right? I couldn't.

You send it back to the factory to get repaired again, and when it comes back you put it up for sale.

JAP78

Bearcat
Slippingaway hit it right on the head.............

I could/would NEVER be able to sell a gun that isn't safe, or operating properly. However, if Ruger is sending the gun back to me with their "stamp of approval", then I suppose I should sell the gun with some confidence.

Jeff

JAP78

Bearcat
Just came back from the range...........

200 rds. of assorted ammo.................

SHOT LIKE A DREAM!!!! Perfect in every way............

I forgot how much I love this gun when it works properly! HAHAHA!

I probably just jinxed it............I'll give it another whirl next week.

JAP78":1aepeix9 said:
O.K...........So Here's The Repair/Replace List Part 2:

But first a refresher of the first time I sent it to Ruger for mag release issues and the trigger not reseting properly:

1. Replaced Barrel
2. Replaced Trigger Bar Reset
3. Repaired Mag Latch Thumbpiece

Now here's the second time I sent it to Ruger for the same trigger not reseting properly issues:

1. Replaced Barrel (Again!)
2. Replaced Trigger Bar Reset (Again!)
3. Replaced Camblock
4. Replaced Fire Control Housing
5. Replaced Slide

STAY TUNED!!

Jeff

You aren't seriously considering using this piece for anything but plinking are you?

JAP78

Bearcat
This might be what is meant by the term "gun-shy"?????

I can't say I feel confident in carrying, or having to use it in a defense situation after all this..........

That being said, my opinion could change for sure, if after a couple thousand rounds I have no issues..............

Jeff

graygun

Hunter
I really wanted to believe in the SR9 but it's depressing hearing all the negative experiences owners are having.

Mine has over 1,000 downrange so far with no cycling issues after the initial cleaning. It will fail to lock-open the slide after the last round about every 150 rounds.

I read some reports/tests before buying. In one,the tester fired 12,000 rds with no problems. I thought it was going to be a fantastic new entry.

I have to ask, "what did you expect"? It's a firearm designed to keep the lawyers and accountants happy. I quite sure ole Bill is rotating rapidly what with the SR9, LCP and LCR. Ruger needs to get back to it's roots and provide well designed, affordable firearms. It's what made the company, but like so many companies, once the lawyers and accountants take over, what made a company is lost, usually for all time.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
They don't have to have been bought. The bean counters take over from within.

Unfortunately this is happening with lots of companies. Quality isn't important to the bottom line, only sales numbers. Customer satisfaction doesn't even enter into the equation. If they don't make the numbers they'll enter a marketing partnership with another company (or something), then declare a profit, give the execs a bonus, the board gets their cut, and everyone (that matters) is happy.

-- Sam

whtdrgn101

Bearcat
Yosemite Sam":2fse8zrd said:

Unfortunately this is happening with lots of companies. Quality isn't important to the bottom line, only sales numbers. Customer satisfaction doesn't even enter into the equation. If they don't make the numbers they'll enter a marketing partnership with another company (or something), then declare a profit, give the execs a bonus, the board gets their cut, and everyone (that matters) is happy.

-- Sam

This doesn't align with my experience with a Mark III and 10/22. They are just good designs and I struggle to see how bean-counters can corrupt a good design.

I am watching all new Ruger products now after a rather shaky experience I'm having with my P345. I'll trust the Mark III and 10/22 but that's about it for now.

Well you have to take into consideration the fact that the MKIII is based off an age old (1949ish) Ruger design. True it may have alot of modifications. Even the new 10/22 is based off the old design.

BUT the guns such as the LCP, LCR and SR9 all based on the "built from the ground up" design platform.

whtdrgn101

Bearcat
DA_TriggR4Ruger":3348w012 said:
Well you have to take into consideration the fact that the MKIII is based off an age old (1949ish) Ruger design. True it may have alot of modifications. Even the new 10/22 is based off the old design.

BUT the guns such as the LCP, LCR and SR9 all based on the "built from the ground up" design platform.

I've heard good things about the LCP and LCR. The only bad thing I heard is that the sights are crap on the LCP. Nice for an ankle or pocket carry.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
whtdrgn101":3t61w577 said:
Yosemite Sam":3t61w577 said:

-- Sam

This doesn't align with my experience with a Mark III and 10/22. They are just good designs and I struggle to see how bean-counters can corrupt a good design.

I am watching all new Ruger products now after a rather shaky experience I'm having with my P345. I'll trust the Mark III and 10/22 but that's about it for now.
My comment was more about companies in general than Ruger specifically, but it does hold true with their new products. Everything is plastic, costs are cut to the bone, things are rushed to market and not tested thoroughly, etc.

But didn't I read somewhere that the 10/22 has all sorts of plastic parts in/on it now?

Another example is the vaunted SigArms: We now have them selling $900 guns with plastic guide rods, changed from metal since last year. They tried selling them with one mag for a while, until people complained so loudly they started including two again.

While these may not be examples of corruption of design (though one could argue they are) they are certainly a corruption of the product, in that what you can buy now is not as of good quality as what you could buy even 5 years ago.

The fact that many companies have relaxed QC standards to the point that they're shipping things that should never see the light of day is a major element, too.

-- Sam

whtdrgn101

Bearcat
-- Sam[/quote]

But didn't I read somewhere that the 10/22 has all sorts of plastic parts in/on it now?

-- Sam[/quote]

I certainly agree with you in principle but there is a place for polymer gun parts and it's not just for more money in bean-counter pocketbooks.

They are usually far lighter than their all aluminum counterparts and reliability can be equal if not better.

There is a great article on GunBlast that talks about the 10/22 polymer parts. They did a drop-test and the polymer trigger assembly hold up better than the aluminum one.

Watch the video and see:
http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-1022.htm

airwin

Bearcat
A very interesting video at GunBlast and the pics of holy rooms at the Ruger plant! For my person, I accept plastic parts in guns and my experiences are postitive with this material. But I´m not sure how long some sorts of plastic will last. I think that plastic can change its characteristics and can get frangible one day. Only time will tell if it was a good mixture or not. On the other hand, an all steel gun (also with aluminium parts), will last for many many decades without any senescence.

Latest posts