Aftermarket sights for my new Ruger 22/45 Mark III

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dm65

Bearcat
Guys,

I JUST a few hours ago brought home a new addition to my family.. a Ruger 22/45 Mark III...!! I chose it over a new Walther P22, Browning Buckmark, and S&W 22A-1.

The Walther was a CLOSE second, and I may still get one in a few months. The Browning was just a tad more expensive, and the S&W was a nice piece, but the ergonomics of the grip was a little weird fitting in my hand..

The Ruger was a hands down winner... well made and very sturdy with the bull barrel, 2 mags, grip feel, etc. and the price was damn near unbeatable.. NIB for just $279.00

3767463393_c5da33b7f6.jpg

I bought 1000 rounds of high velocity ammo and walked out the door grinning from ear to ear..

Once I got home, I could not help fondling my piece... err LOOKING OVER MY NEW PURCHASE.. LOL..

The only thing I would change is the sights..

Does anyone here have a recommendation for aftermarket sights..? Tritium Night Sights, illuminated sights, etc..?

Dave

ab4ka

Single-Sixer
Very nice! I've got a MkII 22/45 that I picked up used and you'd have a hard time getting it away from me. As far as sights, I want to get the sights for the Hunter model for mine. I checked them out on a friends gun and really liked them. Plus, you can order them directly from Ruger.

glockmutt

Single-Sixer
Great choice. I got the same model for people to use that are not real familiar with pistols. Not intimidating to shoot. Ammo is CHEAP so that is an even bigger factor.

dm65

Bearcat
Exactly why I bought it.. I have the 2 glocks, 23 and 21SF, and a Star 9mm, but with the price of ammo lately, I needed a really well made .22 for practice and plinking..

The Ruger reputation was a selling point and the cheap ammo is a huge plus..

I was told that the Ruger will eat just about any ammo you put through it also..

Dave

glockmutt":32lmggf2 said:
Great choice. I got the same model for people to use that are not real familiar with pistols. Not intimidating to shoot. Ammo is CHEAP so that is an even bigger factor.