Good price for SR9?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Armybrat

Buckeye
Just saw a NIB SR9 17+1 at the Austin gun show for $399.95, the all black one was $429.95.

Was highly tempted, but I'm really looking for a Kahr CW45.

81aggie

Bearcat
I mght be tempted to pick up another one at that price. I'm seeing the 2-tone ones for 449 and the black for 499 here in San Antonio.

JAP78

Bearcat
You could find the 2-tones for $369 here in CT. I purchased an all black one for $430 a little while back....

Jeff

Armybrat

Buckeye
Went back to the gun show early this afternoon and bought the all black SR9 ($429.95).

Yes, the manual says it has the magazine disconnect.

kscott

Single-Sixer
I think you'll be pleased, Armybrat. I sure am with mine. Not a problem with it so far. I really like the blackened stainless slide as I have the OD green with the black slide. The trigger will also get better the more you fire it.

It does have a magazine disconnect, but it is very, very simple to take out. If you take it out, you can dry fire without the magazine. jhearne has a really good how-to as a sticky in semi-auto pistol forum.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Thanks, I'll do that pretty soon.

Guess the Kahr CW45 is on hold for a while, as is the Ruger Hunter .22.

Now I have to take the wife by our favorite jeweler & get her a bauble too. :lol:

kscott":3gwo53db said:
I think you'll be pleased, Armybrat. I sure am with mine. Not a problem with it so far. I really like the blackened stainless slide as I have the OD green with the black slide. The trigger will also get better the more you fire it.

It does have a magazine disconnect, but it is very, very simple to take out. If you take it out, you can dry fire without the magazine. jhearne has a really good how-to as a sticky in semi-auto pistol forum.

Thnx for the info.

81aggie

Bearcat
Armybrat":3mafvuwi said:
Went back to the gun show early this afternoon and bought the all black SR9 ($429.95).

Going by what I see here in San Antonio that's not a bad price. The black ones I'm finding are going for $499.99, guess I'll try to get down to the show here in August and see if I can find one at your price, I really like the black ones. Bought one with the stainless slide about 6 weeks ago, now have 300 rounds through it. I really like it and look forward to shooting it each week. Like others have said, the trigger improves over time. Think you're gonna like it.