P345 w/o rail

Help Support Ruger Forum:

welder

Buckeye
Has Ruger dropped the P345 model with out the rail. I don't see it in the catalog, but the description of the 345 says "rail available on some models". Looks like that's all you can get now. I like the one w/o the rail better myself.

welder

Buckeye
Made it over to Whittaker's and Darrel told me they had in fact dropped the "no rail version". I suppose they didn't sell well. I bought mine 6/07 and it does not have the rail.

xyz100

Bearcat
Bought mine w/o rail month ago at Cabelas. It was manufactured December 2008. And it was the last one in store. Went to Cabelas couple days ago and all they had with rails.

GaryA

Single-Sixer
I had been thinking of getting a P345 and just figured if and when I did it would have the rail. The other day I noticed that Davidson's showed two non-rail P345s in inventory. When I was at my LGS I mentioned that and Charlie stepped in back on brought out a new KP345, stainless w/o rail that was manufactured in 2009. I snapped it up. Perhaps Ruger just had some extra "cleanup" frames w/o rails? Or perhaps they will ease it back into the lineup. Hope I like the pistol as much as most seem to like it.

welder

Buckeye
I hope they are just currently short on them maybe. I haven't seen one at LGS for a while and got to wondering. I could live with the rail but am glad mine doesn't have it. I think it is a very sleek gun with out it. Seems that most I've talked to prefer it minus the rail also. Hope it stays around but it was not on the Ruger site last time I checked?

delford

Bearcat
GaryA
I've had mine since February and really like it. Mine was slightly used so it was about $100 less but was basically new. It fits me well and shoots better than I do. I was out Tuesday at the farm shooting gallery shooting from 21 feet. Using targets made from the right-handed correction chart available from the Outdoor Channel I was one handing from both sides (I'm a left eye dominant rightie) and put 16 rounds into the target (about a 6" spread). With the Weaver stance it was a lot tighter, about 2-3".

I'm sure you'll like yours very much. It takes a while to get used to the first double action pull but after a couple hundred rounds you'll be really pleased.

GaryA

Single-Sixer
Delford,

Thanks for that info. I'm going out tomorrow to pick it up and am looking forward to shooting it. I'm also a left dominant rightie. Hurts me more shotgunning than handgunning, lol.

Gary