Glock 22, anyone have experience with this gun?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

martyj

Blackhawk
I guess Im the only one with 4 good ones. I also have a 10mm and it is good too. Not as accurate as my S&W 10mm.
All of mine are 3rd gen. and I have yet to have a problem with any of them. Except for one magazine is wearing out and that can be solved with a new spring, but then again I only shoot 200-300 rounds a week.
I dont worry to much about all the bullets making one hole in the target. They were not built nor designed for that. They were just simply made to be reliable and to kill and that they have succeeded in doing.

Captain Mac

Bearcat
My son and I have three factory stock Glocks: a 1st generation 19-9mm that is still tight and accurate as hell, a third generation 23-.40 (my carry gun), and a third generation 30SF-.45. Never a hint of any problems, not even a jam or stove-pipe after thousands of rounds. The .40 has almost as much knock-down as the .45, but is more easy to handle and has more rounds in the mag. We also have two Ruger PC4s and one PC9, which are GREAT little camp guns, and very accurate to 40 yards or so. I honestly believe that we haven't just been lucky; we just bought some high quality hardware.

welder":49aycnzf said:
revhigh":49aycnzf said:
When I think Glock ... I ONLY think 9MM.

REV

Me too. G-19 X 2, had a 26 but traded it, couldn't get enough hand on it and found the 19 carried as easy anyway.

I recently sold my 26 3rd gen. Hated the grip. :-( cant find a Glock to fit my hand. I was recently introduced to the XD9, It has a much better grip for me. Thought about one maybe as a fleeting afterthought, but more seriously now in the aftermath of my glock ownership.

ADDED: I still have my boxes of .40S&W packed away since last post. They haven't gone any were. Of course I haven't been too persistent on selling/trading. I thought I found somebody willing to trade but haven't heard anything in a while.

Captain Mac":3dvsjry4 said:
My son and I have three factory stock Glocks: a 1st generation 19-9mm that is still tight and accurate as hell, a third generation 23-.40 (my carry gun), and a third generation 30SF-.45. Never a hint of any problems, not even a jam or stove-pipe after thousands of rounds. The .40 has almost as much knock-down as the .45, but is more easy to handle and has more rounds in the mag. We also have two Ruger PC4s and one PC9, which are GREAT little camp guns, and very accurate to 40 yards or so. I honestly believe that we haven't just been lucky; we just bought some high quality hardware.

A HUGE +1 on that post. Glocks are by far the mosst reliable guns I've owned, purely mechanically speeking. ZERO failures on any kind. My ONLY problem with the glock is that i cant stand the grip. Been on sort of a personal quest to find a great reliable gun that feels right for me though. Something to "replace" for the lack of a better term, my Glocks.

welder

Buckeye
I recently briefly owned an M & P 9mm compact. It was a perfect fit for my hand. I used the middle grip insert and really liked it. I too found a half box of .40 left over from my Beretta 96. Have a friend who will trade me for it I think. Don,t see myself owning .40 again.

Captain Mac

Bearcat
DA_TriggR4Ruger said:
welder said:
revhigh said:
When I think Glock ... I ONLY think 9MM.

REV

Me too. G-19 X 2, had a 26 but traded it, couldn't get enough hand on it and found the 19 carried as easy anyway.

I recently sold my 26 3rd gen. Hated the grip. :-( cant find a Glock to fit my hand. I was recently introduced to the XD9, It has a much better grip for me. Thought about one maybe as a fleeting afterthought, but more seriously now in the aftermath of my glock ownership.

ADDED: I still have my boxes of .40S&W packed away since last post. They haven't gone any were. Of course I haven't been too persistent on selling/trading. I thought I found somebody willing to trade but haven't heard anything in a while.

Hey DA_TriggR4Ruger - please get in touch with me about your ammo 8)

8pointer

Single-Sixer
I have owned a Glock 22 for about six year now. I have found it to function flawlessly with all ammo brands/types and more than reasonably accurate. I'm not sure that if I had to reduce my collection to just one pistol, that it would be the last one to go, but I do consider it to be a top notch firearm that I am glad to own.

pistolpete

Single-Sixer
Elfego El Gato":3mjggfaa said:
...and here I thought Glock had come out with a .22...

I'll go stand in the corner now... ;) :)

I walked around a gunshow with my glock 22 with a big sign saying GLOCK 22. The guy who ended up buying it said he'd seen me carrying it but he thought it was a 22lr. :roll: I guess a guy can't assume everyone knows what the model numbers mean.