SR9 How-To (Multiple Inside) - Video Links Removed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

atps1234

Bearcat
I am unable to access the videos, says they are private even when I access them from the initial post and logged into the forum. I read through the whole thread but nobody mentions problems getting to the videos. Am I missing something? Thanks, OB

Kenny Lee

Bearcat
I'm new here, but when I go to a video it shows me a youtube screen "This Video is Private".
What do I have to do to be able to watch these videos, thanks

atps1234

Bearcat
Does anyone monitor this board? 4 people trying to see the videos, not working, no responses.

Grendel

Single-Sixer
atps1234 said:
Does anyone monitor this board? 4 people trying to see the videos, not working, no responses.

It's not the forum's fault the user decided to make his Youtube videos private.

-JT

Sal1950

Blackhawk
I'm sure Josh didn't do this on purpose, he put too much work into it, I would presume he'll get it fixed as soon as possible.
Sal

mn_doggie

Bearcat
Josh is moving the videos...

jhearne said:
Just a heads up, I'm going to be removing my YouTube videos soon, but I'll be hosting them through my site. The other side of that is that I'm not going to be adding any more content, video, text or otherwise. Over the last couple years my priorities have shifted, and firearms aren't that high on my list anymore.

Over the next couple of weeks I'm going to be uploading my footage to my site and setting up barebones pages for them to be played online from. I'm sure this isn't a surprise since I haven't really done anything over the last few months or so content-wise, and my website has remained stagnant since it's launch.

I won't be responding to PM's here either, nor will I be frequenting RF (I've only recently checked in when I'm alerted of a new reply to something). If you have any technical questions about the SR9 and can't figure them out from the videos, how-tos or the depth of knowledge online here, feel free to email me([email protected]).

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I had an unproductive practice session with my SR9c on Saturday. The gun fed, fired, and ejected 100%. I just can't successfully control the trigger. Its very creepy and I can't tell when its about to go off. So, last night I took it apart and polished the contact areas on the trigger bar and connector. I did find an area on the trigger bar where it is obviously rubbing the inside of the frame. I will reassemble it tonight, as long as I can keep all the parts in place long enough to put the fire control housing back in the frame. Its really not too bad other than Ruger could've done a better job of designing the trigger bar lift spring so it will stay in place.

If the polishing is not successful, I'll give the Ghost Ultimate a try. If thats not successful I think a Sig 239 will be in my future. I really want to like this gun but so far its not liking me back! :?

H-Town Shooter

Bearcat
The video and pics by Josh on how to disassemble the gun and polish it are amazing. I was too hesitant to detail strip my gun but fell confident enough to attempt it now. I will hopefully do that soon.

I purchased the Galloway smooth it trigger kit with plunger, striker indicator, spring, and the Ghost Ultimate Trigger Reset Bar. I though I would use the Ultimate first, if I like it, then maybe later I will upgrader further to the Ghost Rocket.

Petie

Bearcat
So are these videos available any more? I checked the www.joshhearne.com website but it does not come up. Thanks.

Petie

Bearcat
Got with Josh and the videos are no longer available. He has edited the first posting. He said the first post has all the needed details for the procedures. Sadly Josh has moved on but thankfully we have this thread with all his incredible information. Thank you Josh for putting so much effort into sharing your knowledge.