LCP II Problem

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I wonder if I am the only person having a problem racking the slide on the LCP II. Is there a 'trick' to it. I have tried using my right hand to rack and hold the frame with the left. I have reversed the method. I have tried gripping the front of the slide and the rear. My 1911 and my P95 are much easier to operate. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cholo

Staff member
Try holding the gun in your right hand. Put your entire left hand on top on the slide with your fingers on the right side of the slide and your thumb on the left side in the cocking serrations parallel to the slide. Quickly push the frame forward while pushing the slide back, one motion.

hittman

Staff member
Maybe a bit of gun grease on the slide rail too.

I think just how dry firing a revolver loosens things up a bit, working that slide time and time again helps it too.

George

Blackhawk
One thing you may want to try that seems to work, or at least help. Make sure the gun is unloaded of course. When you put the gun away leave it wracked open and locked. This won't hurt anything but may help put a set on the spring that will make it a little easier to work the slide. Seems to help with some of the new guns I have picked up. Particularly if you're not a everyday shooter! George

George said:
One thing you may want to try that seems to work, or at least help. Make sure the gun is unloaded of course. When you put the gun away leave it wracked open and locked. This won't hurt anything but may help put a set on the spring that will make it a little easier to work the slide. Seems to help with some of the new guns I have picked up. Particularly if you're not a everyday shooter! George
I will give it a try. Can't make it any worse. It is so "strong" I cannot rack the slide and engage the lock. I can get it to lock if I install an empty magazine and then rack the slide.

Latest posts