Ec9s vs security 9 compact

Help Support Ruger Forum:

craveman85

Bearcat
I'm thinking about getting either the ec9s or the security 9 compact for a carry gun. Which would you choose and why?

johnnylaw53

Bearcat
I have the ec9s which i got to replace an LC9 that i carried for awhile. I also have a Taurus G2C which seems to the close to the size of the security compact. I prefer the ec9s due to lighter and smaller. If the larger weapon is easy for you to hide I would go with the bigger one but the ec9s is a very easy weapon to carry.

craveman85

Bearcat
The compact security 9 is not very much bigger than the ec9s. I think maybe 4 ounces heavier. I watched some videos on each and the ec9s is striker fired and the security 9 is hammer fired. I'm more of a revolver guy so I'm not sure how that feature really affects it. Does it change trigger pull at all?

Ron IL

Bearcat
I carry an EC9s. I had a full size security 9 and traded it off. I can't do that glock like trigger. That safety lever in it puts a blister on my finger. That is why I like my carry gun. It's trigger is like a revolver trigger. Nice and smooth. And it shoots fine at 25 yards for me. I try to shoot it every time I go to the range. I never could hit anything with the security 9 I think because the trigger made me flinch too much. I got rid of it and my glocks and got into the Beretta stuff. They have a similar trigger to the EC9s. I have never even seen a security compact so don't know much about them. I think the EC9s trigger is you like it or you don't.

Ron IL

Bearcat
You are right. I just looked at mine and has it. I never even notice it. Probably because it is smooth steel if feels just like a revolver trigger. I tried sanding my glock triggers smooth to help. It did slightly but never did feel good. Maybe I would have liked the original smooth trigger glock had. Never did shoot one of theirs. And you couldn't buy a smooth trigger for mine. I didn't want some after market plastic trigger in it being a carry gun. I think the new gen 5 triggers are supposed to be better now.

Rugeraz

Bearcat
I have no experience with the Security 9 compact, but I carried a Glock 26 IWB for years. I recently started carrying an EC9s IWB. For me the EC9s is much more concealable and much more comfortable.

Muley Gil

Blackhawk
I bought a EC9s about 18 months ago to replace my Colt Agent .38 special as my EDC. I shoot the Ruger better than I do the Colt. I have 20 acres and pocket carry the EC9s whenever I'm out on the land. Mine will even feed CCI 9mm shot shells, which might come in handy iffn' I run up on Mr No-Shoulders. :D

314Chevy

Single-Sixer
I bought an EC9S 3 months ago and love it. My only complaint is it will not fire reloads, everything else no problem.

Bull Barrel

Hunter
The Liberal held left bank of the Mississippi Rive
Well, I bought it! Fits my hand well and the trigger was better than I thought it would be. Got the last one they had at the time. Fits the pocket well.
The pistol and a box of Hornady 115 gr critical defense was $252 out the door.
Now to clean and oil it and I may get to the local DNR range this week.
Thanks to all!

314Chevy

Single-Sixer
miniman said:
mine fires reloads very well.

Miniman just wanted to say thanks! I put several hundred rounds through my EC9S cleaning it religiously then tried some reloads that didn't work before and bamm...all cycled through. Big thanks!

Latest posts