Ruger PC Charger pistol!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jim0249

Bearcat
Is this NJ legal? I just bought a Troy A4 OTHER that is NJ legal (but at twice the cost)

mac66

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
Still can't believe BAFTE will allow it, but it looks like it is made to have a 'brace' put on it for those of us who are 'disabled'.

What can't you believe? It's a pistol, same as the dozens of AR type pistols that have been out for 20+ years. Nothing really new for ATF to get excited about.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
A brace is shorter, lays beside the arm, and absorbs no recoil, i.e. it is not put up to your shoulder. It is often strapped alongside the forearm I think it is a stupid idea that is there just as a cool factor to make it look like a rear stock so the gun won't appear to be a rifle that someone just unbolted the stock from.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
SteelBlue said:
A brace is shorter, lays beside the arm, and absorbs no recoil, i.e. it is not put up to your shoulder. It is often strapped alongside the forearm I think it is a stupid idea that is there just as a cool factor to make it look like a rear stock so the gun won't appear to be a rifle that someone just unbolted the stock from.

Have you ever shot one with a brace ?
I have a Ruger AR556 pistol and the brace is just a comfortable against the shoulder as a stock is.
The brace is not much shorter than the stock on my other AR's. Maybe 1/2 inch if that.

mac66

Single-Sixer
A brace is just a way of giving the middle finger to the ATF for it's stupid, antiquated and arbitrary rules.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
Busterswoodshop said:
SteelBlue said:

Have you ever shot one with a brace ?
I have a Ruger AR556 pistol and the brace is just a comfortable against the shoulder as a stock is.
The brace is not much shorter than the stock on my other AR's. Maybe 1/2 inch if that.

I have held the AR556 pistol, but not shot it.

hpman66

Hunter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWU5Xo6jwtM
RUGER PC CHARGER 9MM PISTOL REVIEW
22plinkster
Published on Mar 18, 2020

hpman66

Hunter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU3OYzcPfpY
NEW Ruger PC Charger Review - 9mm Micro Subgun
TFB TV
Published on Mar 19, 2020

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
One of those videos makes the ergonomics of this gun look pretty bad. I think the AR556 in 350 legend might be a better piece.

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
I notice they have what they call a " hand stop " on the front of it.
It looks like a foreward grip to me and I thought foreward grips were illegal to put on a pistol.
How do they get away with this ? 

'what they call a " hand stop " on the front of it.'

Terminology and "design intent"
If the item was designed with the "intent" that it be used as a "fore grip", then it would be illegal on a "pistol" (now an SBR or AOW)by making the "design" change from meant to be fired by one hand to designed to be held by two hands. Truthfully, a "hand stop" is a good feature on these short barrelled little beasts BUT I question the legality if actually challenged.

Latest posts