P90 loose grip panel

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tercel89

Single-Sixer
I have a P90 and one of the grip panels is loose. The screw is tight and in good condition. The panel doesn't look to be chippped or anything where it coneects to the frame. Have any of you had this before ? If so what have you done to keep it from being loose ? When I say loose I mean that the panel will shift in any direction when I hold the gun. Any help is appreciated.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
Try some Weldwood Contact Cement, it won't take much of it. Clean the grip panel, and where it contacts the gun; and apply a little cement, and that should do it.
Let it dry overnight. Clamp it down lightly if it seems like the grip is crooked and warped. Which that is what it sounds like to me, it is warped.

roylt

Hunter
I'm pretty sure you have several P-guns. You could try another panel to see if it is as loose. Basically you need to figure if it is the frame or panel that is causing the issue. Then you can try to figure out where it is loose. Top mount or screw side.

For me I have taken a knife and cut into the panel to make a piece of the panel stick out so the screw can have more material to pinch tight on. but that may not work for you.

Good luck and keep the P-guns alive!!