10 shot LC9s?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
I carry the LC9s a lot and also shoot it on a regular basis in the hope of becoming a better shot with the long trigger pull. Not that the trigger is bad, but it IS different than a SA trigger. Now the LC9s is just a little snappy for protracted shooting and I was thinking that it would be a better gun if the grip was a little wider. So I would like Ruger to consider producing it with a wider grip with a double stack magazine. More ammo sometimes comes in handy and the wider grip would be more comfortable to shoot. Whaddya think?

I have an KelTec P-11, that is probably the parent of the LC9 series. I have shot an silenced LC9, and considered them equal, so didn't buy the LC9. I agree that the natural progression should go to a 10 round double stack magazine. My KelTec also uses S&W model 59 & 69 mags for a lot more ammo! Maybe Ruger could accomplish the same?
gramps

5of7

Hunter
recumbent said:
Have you tried a Hogue Handall sleeve?
I liked it on my LC9.

Yes, I have one on mine and it does help. I don't think the recoil is really bad, but for range time it can get a little flinch inducing. Also the larger grip just feels better in my hand. I don't have a large hand, but it isn't small either. Usually a large glove fits about right. I think most shooters would like the wider grip and a little more ammo. Maybe I have been watching too many cop shows on TV.... :D

s4s4u

Hunter
The LC9s was designed for a purpose and it performs well in that role, a slim compact pistol easy to conceal and carry. They already have compact versions of SR, American and Security series' with double stack mags so I doubt Ruger has any plan to fatten up the LC9s, but you never know......

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
I have original LC9 with the excellent double action trigger with no over travel after the break. I think this is just about ideal for concealed carry pistol. I use a kydex holster and haven't problem with blue finish. I note it is only 17 ounces and very slim. Also have a SR9c with 10 and 17 round mags. Nice pistol, but not as small and light as the stock LC9. Interesting idea though.

randyr5

Bearcat
recumbent said:
Have you tried a Hogue Handall sleeve?
I liked it on my LC9.

I have the Handall Jr on my LC9s, installed upside down. That gives you more room between the trigger guard and the hump on the sleeve. Much more comfortable. I had to notch it out a tiny bit for the mag release button.
wqz5c4G.jpg

mac66

Single-Sixer
FWIW, I have a Hogue grip on my original LC9. It doesn't affect pocket carry at all. I recently picked up a used LC9s Pro. The previous owner put Talon grips on it. Both are easier to shoot than the skinny, slippery stock grip that the LC9 has. Not sure if I like the Talons better than the Houges but I shoot the Pro better (consistently accurate follow up shots) than the original LC9 due to the better trigger.

Rugeraz

Bearcat
I have the Hogue Beavertail grip on my EC9s - makes it much easier to handle. The trigger on the EC9s/LC9s is very close to my Glock 26 (which I think is very good), although I have no problem with the longer hammer fired trigger on my wife's LC9. Biggest difference between the LC9/LC9s and the EC9s (besides the sights) is the finish. My wife's LC9's finish is same as it was when she bought it, even after 10 years of carrying it. My EC9s show a lot of slide finish wear after only a short time of wearing it in an IWB Kydex holster, but I kind of like the looks of it like that.

Latest posts