P89 Decock only conversion (nevermind I'm keeping her stock)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Seems like years ago I did it... but keep in mind the very first P89s were different than the later ones.... and those older ones won't work on the new ones.... I don't know how to tell the difference.... I bought a decock slide from someone on the internet and it would not slide easy on the p89 frame I had... someone here on this forum traded me that slide for a newer one and it worked fine....

This was on a P89x I had bought that also came with a 30cal luger barrel and recoil spring.... the old slide with safety and the 30cal stuff is stored away somewhere....

tercel89

Single-Sixer
You know what ? As good as these p-series are , I think I'm going to leave it stock. I guess there's no sense in messing up something that works so good in stock factory form.

If you can find a de-cock slide at a decent price and be pretty sure it's a latter model (assuming your safety model is too) then there is not real loss or just by a de-cock P89 and see if the slides are interchangeable .... and in the end it's just money...

my excuse for years with thoughts like this is at least I'm not spending it on booze, drugs or hookers....

roylt

Hunter
I've been off for awhile and it has been some time since I've done tinkering on the P-guns but a simple slide swap is all you need to do on the 89.

The 95 can be done but you need to mod the frame to allow for the trigger bar movement.

I've even converted a 89DAO to DA but then there is no decock lever at all. You have to trigger / thumb rest the hammer to decock the pistol.

I really enjoyed tinkering and learning on the P-guns. Should still be able to find some of my work on here if the picture hosting held up.

KEEP THE P-GUNS ALIVE!!!!