Ruger-57 5.7x28 pistol?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
Found this posted on another forum. It looks like a larger Security 9 in 5.7x28, although there are many differences here and there. Anyone know if it's legit?

rnKlBSF.jpg

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
I would be interested in one.
Have shot the FN and it is a good shooting gun and is very accurate.
The only reason I don't have one is because of the price.
As far as the cartridge goes , it is accurate and fast without much drop.

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
Neat pistol, but pricey according to MSRP (I know it will sell for less, but still much higher than other Ruger automatics) and the ammo costs twice what 9mm costs.

Mark McWillis

Bearcat
It was a proprietary cartridge designed my FN for use in the P90 SMG. It was intended to replace pistol caliber SMG's and pistols for support personnel. In a PS90 SBR it's a 200 yard cartridge. Later it was used in the FN Five-seven pistol, which also holds 20 rounds. I have extensive experience with the cartridge in both platforms. I prefer the SS198/SS195 load over the heavier 40 grain SS197.

Nakanokalronin

Single-Sixer
It's listed on a few websites at $600-$650. All out of stock of course, but they supposedly had a few before they sold out. I'll wait until the hype dies down and get one at a normal price.

Sub sailor

Bearcat
I saw one at a local gun shop yesterday that was not for sale. It is almost the same size and weight of the FN. The trigger had a little creep but broke clean. The grip was just a bit slimmer than the FN. They said the price was going to be right around $650.

john14_18

Bearcat
Davidson's msrp is $799. My dealer said he would be selling them for $659 when he gets them.
The nut that killed all those soldiers at Ft. Hood several years ago was using an FN57. Very deadly round and extremely accurate. I had an AR57, which shot the 5,7x28 cartridge. The magazine actually laid horizontal on top of the rifle and held 50 RDS. Extremely accurate but at $30 a box for ammo, I sold it and got something cheaper. The FN57 has almost no recoil and I'm sure the ruger will be the same. Perfect home defense gun with 20 rd mag

I'm thinking that is the round the secret service agents that actually guard the White House have in their sub machine guns....
(this is not a joke.... was a small round that fed from the top if I recall. )

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Here you go,

https://www.gunbroker.com/Semi-Auto-Pistols/search?PageSize=96&Sort=13&View=2&Ch-manufacturerName=Ruger&Ch-Caliber=5.7X28mm

Just got an email from Smokey Mtn. they are out of stock right now but I got on the list $629.00

Latest posts