need help from ec9s/lc9s owners

Help Support Ruger Forum:

werewolf

Bearcat
Need someone to ck their extractor function. Mine is binding. If yours can return to the inward position, mine gets stuck in the outward position, look on the underside of the slide. There is a small weep hole behind the extractor channel. Does your extractor spring go all the way into the hole? You should be able to see a few coils. I think there is a burr preventing mine from going all the way in. This causes the spring to stack and become rigid. No springyness to it. Thanks for the help.

On my lc9s it is flush... with the slide... the only time it moves just a hair is when slamming forward for the round to seat in the chamber and you really can't see this, it just has to be the reason for the ability for it to move so that it can slip over the rear of the round. In fact on mine if you just let the slide forward easy it won't catch the round. The slide has to slam forward to catch the round.

What I'm saying is there is no discernible inward or outward position.. if there is it's only a couple thousands of an inch.

werewolf

Bearcat
The case rim is supposed to slip under the extractor claw. When the round slips under the extractor claw it pushes the extractor outhward flush with the slide. After it is ejected and there is no case under the claw the extractor should pivot inward to get a good grip on the next round. That's the reason for the spring. To let it flex. Although the gun may function without this flex it is not working as designed. I'm going to have Ruger look it over. Thanks.