Small Town

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dogtag69

Bearcat
Last Wednesday I went to the only store in town that has Hand Guns to look at the security 9 compact they were busy couldn't get to the Ruger part of the counter I was looking at the Sigs they had theP365 for 499 safety and no safety and the two tone no safety for 399 I left and went back Friday to see if anything was on sale and boy what a sale the sigs for 499 were 529 and what took the cake was the two tone it went from 399 to 539 I didn't even bother to look at the Ruger.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
Mike J said:
And people wonder why we buy online.

That is the way it is in the small town that I live in. I am right there with you. Maybe without the overnight price increases. Of course I am never in there two days in a row.

s4s4u

Hunter
In my small town gunshop they have a Ruger LC9s in the case with $399 tag on it. Been there over 2 years so I asked what they could do on it. Dude scribbled something on a business card and handed it to me. 1 free box of 50 9mm FMJ ammo. I laughed inside, went online and bought the same gun for $219 shipped. Methinks that gun will be there a while.

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
I'm glad to see some people just won't pay inflated prices for a local shop.

There is a small but nice gunshop nearby and they're quite fair in their pricing and have treated me quite fairly on two occasions. Next time I buy a gun, I'll ask him how close he can get to the best on line price and if they're reasonably close, I'll do business with him.

I like the concept of buying locally but won't take getting a pricing shafting. Don

langenc

Single-Sixer
s4s4u said:
In my small town gunshop they have a Ruger LC9s in the case with $399 tag on it. Been there over 2 years so I asked what they could do on it. Dude scribbled something on a business card and handed it to me. 1 free box of 50 9mm FMJ ammo. I laughed inside, went online and bought the same gun for $219 shipped. Methinks that gun will be there a while.

Id take my new gun and sles proof and show it to the small town shop owner.

They/he probably would say "mine cost more than that."

Recall some yrs ago and there was a big online push to support ma/pa shops. I was buying 45 Blazer for under 410 at WM. Went to the LGS and the exact same stuff ws $24.95. Sorry, I had 2 kids in college and I kept buying at WM.

Ron IL

Bearcat
I am lucky living in our small area. We have two gun stores I deal with and have pretty nice prices. I have never ordered on online. One always has ammo and reloading supplies at good prices too. When you trade they always go get the big book and show you what your trade in will be. I recently bought a Beretta 92fs they had on sale for 499. They had bought 15 of them and I got the last one. I like it so well I bought the 22 version. They are identical twins. We just had a new Gander Outdoors open and has a big gun counter. The prices are close but a little higher. Haven't even asked if they deal with prices yet. We also have a Rural King that sells guns at good prices too but do not trade. I am not buying much now because I am downsizing for my old age. I just keep what I shoot. Everything I have now are ones I shoot and reload for. I think I am set right now. But every time I say that I think I need one more.

gc70

Bearcat
I live near a large city and the area's largest and most highly advertised gun shop has a nickname indicative of its high prices. Ironically, that shop's online prices are very competitive. The last time I was in that shop looking at a gun, I voiced my displeasure with the price. The salesman went away and came back with a spec sheet printed from the shop's website which showed a much lower price; the salesman suggested I could step back from the counter, order for the lower online price, and choose the option for free in-store pickup of my purchase.