ruger to compete with sig P365

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have the LC9s and carry it daily. When I bought it I had never heard of it before and had gone to the gun shop intending to buy a S&W Shield 9. After handling the Ruger and feeling the trigger it was an easy choice. I haven't yet fired a Sig 365, but a friend just recently bought one and when I asked him why he picked that gun for his future concealed carry, he said "Everyone knows Sig is a high quality gun". I asked him if he had considered the LC9s as I had recommended to him and he said "not really, since Ruger is a cheaper gun I assumed it was not of the quality of the Sig". So I've never fired a Sig 365 and he's never tried a Ruger Lc9s but right now both of us are happy with our choice.

FWIW, on occasion I have that funny feeling in me and decide to carry a gun with a bit more capacity. At those times I grab my Glock 26 with the 12 round mag, giving me a 13 round total capacity. In truth, I shoot the Ruger better than I shoot the Glock, and the seemingly slight difference in thickness makes a huge difference in ease of concealment. I can carry the lc9s in a Desantis pocket holster with ease, but there is no way to carry the 26 in the same way. The 26 has to go in an OWB holster and then is more obvious, even under a lose, untucked shirt, than when I pocket carry the Ruger. So right now I think I will pass on buying that Sig 365.

rman

Bearcat
Guess I'm all over the place on carry guns. Had an LC9s and sold it. Bought a Shield but it wasn't my favorite. I bought a P365 and like it a lot. Mine is more accurate than my LC9s or Shield and I don't think recoil is bad at all. I carry it, a bobtail 1911 .45 and a S&W 60 3" .357. Yes, I'm proficient with all three, but I'll be darned if I can tell you what I like best. Probably the bobtail 1911.

hittman

Staff member
When I decided to divorce myself from the Ruger LC-whatever's, I looked at the Sig 365 and Glock 43.

I know guys that own and carry each and each really like their particular choice.

At the time I was shopping, the Sig was known for problems with light primer strikes. I learned that from Sig owners, the dreaded You Tube reviews and from 2 gun shop owners here.

I'd been down the famous "send it back for a free fix" dance with about all the LC-whatever's I'd owned so, I picked the G43. The first month I put 800 rounds through the G43 without one problem of any kind.

dogtag69

Bearcat
I bought the G48 allready had the G43 when I put the G43 slide on the G48 I HAVE THE G43X BOUGHT the shield ARMs 15 round flush fit mag now I nhave 15 +1 in the G43X