RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New to Me KP345
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:22 am 
Hawkeye

I picked up a Ruger KP345 recently here on the classifieds from Al James (his Ruger name) and he was certainly good to work with, it certainly is a nice gun. It's the predecessor to the SR series and has great ergonomics. Better than packing an all steel gun on your belt all day long. YMMV. The transaction went very smoothly, and and I'm am thrilled with it. I've had a few over the years, but I think I'm keeping this one. Does anyone else have one of these?

“If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim.”
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

Last edited by Bear Paw Jack on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New to Me KP345
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:40 am 
Bearcat

I just got a lnib one myself. I have just discovered the pguns and they don't disappoint. What is there not to love about a ss ruger. Now I need a p90 and a p97 to complete my collection. Already have a sr1911 lwcmd and a sr45
ss of course.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:26 am 
Hunter

I do. It's one of my favorites and fits my hand very well. I have the P97 and P90 too, all good guns but the P345 works best for me. I think Ruger could have refined the P series for some added life, especially the P95's but that's just my biased opinion as I am a big fan of the series. My P345 has yet to fail in anyway. It is a soft, smooth, accurate shooter and doesn't break the bank to purchase.

Ditto on Al James, I have purchased several items from him and every transaction was easy, fair and satisfying.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:26 pm 
Single-Sixer

welder wrote:
I do. It's one of my favorites and fits my hand very well. I have the P97 and P90 too, all good guns but the P345 works best for me. I think Ruger could have refined the P series for some added life, especially the P95's but that's just my biased opinion as I am a big fan of the series. My P345 has yet to fail in anyway. It is a soft, smooth, accurate shooter and doesn't break the bank to purchase.

Ditto on Al James, I have purchased several items from him and every transaction was easy, fair and satisfying.

Absolutely correct about Al James. Every purchase I have made from him has been excellent and easy. He is good to go.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:29 am 
Hunter

Yes I have one and it is one of my favorites. I have had it for years. Very accurate and reliable.