Lc9s problems

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dogtag69

Bearcat
About half way through the second mag my lc9s went click removed the mag and the chambered round the firing pin had barely touched it came home cleaned it up and it likes about 16 of a in goin into battery look likes the little tapered end on the return spring is hanging up on the end of the slide, any one know what might make it do this.
I can barely bump it and it goes into battery.
Thanks

dogtag69

Bearcat
Yes sir I cleaned and oiled it and thought that was it, it has the tapered end on the recoil spring if you pull the slide back a little and let it go back slow it hangs up every time I used the slide stop to release it and it worked fine but when I shot it again same thing happened IM thinking the barrel has a burr on it right at the top, I am going to try a new recoil spring before I call Ruger.

jstanfield103

Blackhawk
I would call Ruger first and let them send you a new recoil spring or just let them have it for a week and take care of it.

dogtag69

Bearcat
jstanfield103 said:
I would call Ruger first and let them send you a new recoil spring or just let them have it for a week and take care of it
I called Ruger talked to a lady I guess she was having a bad day she first told me to take it to a gun smith I told her it was 60 or 70 miles to the nearest gun smith then she told me to ship it back on my dime after checking shipping charges I just ordered a new recoil spring 23.00 tried to get it free but she wouldn't do that (Hey every body has a bad day right)

dogtag69

Bearcat
Solved problem for now turned the end of recoil spring so it pointed down and now it works smooth, I can rotate the spring with end up and it starts hanging up don't know what's up with that but its working again.

Latest posts