RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:02 pm 
Bearcat

I decided I needed a pocket pistol so purchased a new LCP II. I tested it with 50 rounds of PMC 95gr. FMJ and 25 rounds of Hornady 90gr. Critical Defense. Shooting the PMC first I experienced six FTE and figured perhaps it didn't care for the ammo. I then fired the Hornady and things went smoothly until the third magazine. The slide, barrel, springs and take down pin flew off and landed in front of the shooting bench. I took the LCP II home and called Ruger Customer Service. My conversation with the nice lady was enjoyable and she asked me to send the pistol to them right away, she emailed a Fed Ex shipping label to me. I was notified by Fed Ex today that the pistol is on it's way back. I called Customer Support and inquired about what had been done to it. I was informed that the barrel, take down pin, take down pin detent, and slide stop have been replace. Customer service was fantastic. I have many Ruger rifles and revolvers and have never had a problem with them.

No, I wasn't limp wristing it. I shoot IDPA competition and don't have this problem.

I'll let you guys know how the repaired LCP works for me soon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:03 am 
Hawkeye

I bet that was exciting? Great to hear of Ruger doing the right thing!
gramps

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:51 pm 
Bearcat

gramps wrote:
I bet that was exciting? Great to hear of Ruger doing the right thing!
gramps

It was very interesting and I suppose somewhat exciting. I'll have the LCP II back on Wednesday. Most important to me is the way customer service handled the problem. Exceptional service, same as I've experienced from Les Baer Custom. Except, I didn't get to personally talk with Les this time! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:23 am 
Single-Sixer

>>The slide, barrel, springs and take down pin flew off and landed in front of the shooting bench<<

Hah...the same thing happened to me once with my SR22! Oddly enough, I never did hang on to it for long. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:05 pm 
Bearcat

Yes, it was somewhat surprising and I understand why you didn't hang on to yours. I personally have no use for a handgun (or rifle) that doesn't perform properly, especially a carry pistol. However, I've been looking for a pocket pistol for some time and I really like the size and feel of the LCP II. The repaired pistol arrived today via Fed Ex and it is obvious that the barrel and take down pin were replaced. I plan to give it a run for its money on Friday. I'll post range results.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:42 pm 
Bearcat

The LCP II showed up on Tuesday via Fed Ex and I took it to the range today. I fired 50 rounds of Winchester white box and 25 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense. All went very well with no failures so I'm thinking Ruger got it fixed. I'll put a couple hundred more rounds through it in the near future.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:16 pm 
Single-Sixer

Glad they got your LCPll back up and running. I too have one that has worked well so far. (not that I’ve shot it much) I call it my “last resort” gun. :-)