RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Found a new holster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:50 am 
Hunter

While I was at Walmart looking at the place where the guns and ammunition used to be (the sumbitches), I saw a simple little holster for 11 something and I bought it. Now this little number is made by Saddle Mate and is nothing more than 2 pieces of leather sewed together with a metal belt clip attached and 2 belt slots. I took the metal chip off and slipped in on my belt and stuck my LC9s into it and it is, so far, the simplest and easiest carry method I have tried. It says that it fits medium and large frame guns and it is a little big for the LC9, but that causes no problem at all. Just out of curiosity, I stuck a Witness Compact in .40 S&W in it and it works just fine for that too. I took my morning 2 mile walk this morning with it on and it was as if it wasn't even there.

Try it, you may like it. There's a guy selling them on Ebay for $10 flat and free shipping. Whaddya got to lose? :D

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men".....PLATO

Amendment X:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Post subject: Re: Found a new holster
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:14 pm 
Hawkeye

Saw one of those also this morning. Not a bad looking holster. Almost bought one, since I need a new holster for my lcr. Have a similar old holster of that style that is coming apart after about 3 years.

Don't know how well this one would hold up tho, since the leather looked a bit thin. Definitely not for anyone looking for retention either.

We used teeth before the sword.

Post subject: Re: Found a new holster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:04 pm 
Hunter

No, it won't work for retention, but it is just for comfortable carry.

"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men".....PLATO

Amendment X:
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.